• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some of you wanted these guys at pick 8

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Are we taking out outlier runs now?

I mean I’d do the same to McCaffrey if you want.

CMCs been pretty bleh as a runner during the first 8 games tbh. It wasn’t just the o-line. He’s been missing holes and clearly wasn’t used to the NFL level of speed. 

However, that’s also a result of an inconsistent o-line and poor blocking, making his transition into the NFL much harder

Over the past three games, he’s much improved. Looking like he did at Stanford and it’s obvious he feels the game much better.

Fournette’s still a one trick pony and it’s telling when they’re more efficient without him.

8 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

But howard would have had every opportunity in the world to start here and do damage. 

And Howard’s been exactly what he was at Bama here in the NFL.

Medicore. Gets out-muscled at the catch point and cannot make contested catches or strong routes.

4 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Well cmc has a million excuses for him but Howard? 

All on him. 

Way to exaggerate to make your point. Maybe, CmC gets more excuses because he is more reliant on the other pieces performing well. Oline stinks, running yards are scarce.

Whereas with Howard. He pretty much has fewer excuses. Either run your routes, or don't. Either catch the ball, or don't. He seems to be struggling mightily in both areas.

Different positions. Different excuses.

Ross + Dalton was a disaster from the get go. The one thing Ross is known for is Dalton biggest weakness 

And Williams has been injured the whole season.

I find it funny how people need to keep making threads to validate the Mccaffrey pick. I don’t see Jags fans making threads like this about Fournette, Saints fans seem to love all their draft picks.

McCaffrey was a good pick.  Time will tell if it was great.  He's going to end up with well over a 1000 yards combined and will obliterate our RB receiving numbers.

Inevitably he's going to get compared to Kamara who was obviously a steal and will probably be OROY.  

Still, McCaffrey can only play in the system he's in.  You tell what defensive coordinators think of him by the resources they devote to spotting him.  It's not his fault Funchess and/or Cam are our only reliable offensive threats outside of him right now.

Cam missed probably 50 yards of potential offense to CMC last game alone.  Anyway, I am totally fine with the pick.

The only draft pick we had access to and didn't get that I would trade CMC for would be Marshon Lattimore.

I think the coaching staff overestimated what Worley could be.  Anyway, can you imagine our offense without CMC?  Now that's a scary thought.

9 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

He and Howard are the only players i would have taken in the first round above CMC. no one saw Kamara as being as good as he's been so im leaving him out.

No one thought he’d be this good but those with a clue knew he was a 5 star talent that went to Alabama and Tennessee, had some problems, and looked phenomenal against Texas A&M in last year’s OT thriller.  My post history doesn’t lie, I liked him.  He was mocked by some in the process in the late 1st.  I hate trading future picks however so thankfully the Saints do not have a 2nd in 2018.

I wanted Barnett badly, obviously liked Thomas, Fournette and Adams but not to trade up for so whatever. Also liked Lattimore and Hooker but apparently we had concerns about Lattimore and now he’s hurt so that makes sense. McC is solid. Would’ve really liked to have Barnett but otherwise I’m very happy with the pick even with McC having some early struggles with making guys miss and as a top 10 pick at HB not producing as much as one would think he should.

Archived