• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coach's film on the CMC long run....

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, wud35 said:

the position Funchess is in would be a block in the back.

It sure looks that way. I wonder if Funch assumed he was going down the opposite sideline and let his guy go? Either  way, you gotta really be looking for something to bitch about if you complain about a 40+ yard run.

4 hours ago, wud35 said:

he did hit him at the line (somewhat). by the time the play came back to that side of the field Funchess was behind the corner now if he knew the play was coming back his way I'm sure he might have tried to be in position to block for CMC better.

Yupperz. Funch had the DB at the line. Expecting him to hold that block all the way down the field? That is asking too much. Isn't it?

Don't really have a problem with him, think he's good as a WR, picks up a lot of third downs it seems (tho I don't have the stats in front of me), and think he can grow as a player, but yes, I've considered that you could've gotten a player as his position to perform similarly later in the draft. Hey, at least he is active on game day and contributing I guess?

10 hours ago, Bronn said:

He should have cut inside later and then immediately back outside, turning the safety's feet just long enough to burst by him.

Yeah he had the safety on his heels after cutting inside, he cuts that back out there’s zero chance that safety catches up

31 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Don't really have a problem with him, think he's good as a WR, picks up a lot of third downs it seems (tho I don't have the stats in front of me), and think he can grow as a player, but yes, I've considered that you could've gotten a player as his position to perform similarly later in the draft. Hey, at least he is active on game day and contributing I guess?

Outside of Newron he's our yardage leader and tied at 5 tds with Funchess and Newton.

21 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Maybe if he cut it back outside once the safety turned his hips inside. He might have felt the corners closest to him were gaining on him though. Really hard to say what he is thinking. Can't really criticize him from his decision. 

Looks like the safety turns his hip very late pushing cmc inside, probably because help is coming on that side. He might even make the tackle around the 25th of cmc does turns back outside. 

Archived