• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coach's film on the CMC long run....

Jeremy Igo

Just now, thefuzz said:

Wonder how this happened...or is it just the way it is on team boards?

Maybe we got spoiled by Cam overproducing his rookie year, or maybe KB with his 1k rookie year?  Either way, it takes a couple years for most of these players to put it together.

Unreasonable expectations of rookies are the rule here, not the exception.

It was a great run! What I like about this run is that in hindsight there were some things that he could have done differently to get a few more yards or even the TD. He's gotten better every game and seems to be able to learn quickly from his game experiences, meaning next time he'll probably get the TD if it's there. 

5 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Wonder how this happened...or is it just the way it is on team boards?

Maybe we got spoiled by Cam overproducing his rookie year, or maybe KB with his 1k rookie year?  Either way, it takes a couple years for most of these players to put it together.

I'm pretty sure Kelvin was older than all of those players when he was drafted.  Gettleman just wasn't afraid to draft young players, it seems, including Shaq Thompson. CMC is the youngest player on the team.

In earlier games, I've noticed that Cmac was juking when it was unnecessary. Sometimes, you have to just trust the angle and your speed. 

I think that he would have had a better chance of scoring had he just floored it toward the right pylon. But I can see growth out of him. He's more quick than he is fast but he's alot tougher than people want to give him credit for. 

3 minutes ago, Carolina_Pride_SC_Division said:

All you madden players acting like coaches on this site....LOL!!!!

I was thinking the same thing.  They are watching this like they had a controller.  I guarantee they have never ran a football in a real game ever. 

1 minute ago, Udogg said:

I was thinking the same thing.  They are watching this like they had a controller.  I guarantee they have never ran a football in a real game ever. 

The BLUF is that he is a rookie, and overtime will make the best reads that he feels suits his chances to score.  I can see if someone like Bell made this cut back, then its relevant.  But he is adjusting to the speed of the game, and hell if we were out there on the field too then we might even make the same cut.  All in all, great play great win.  Lets gets these damn aints........

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

stays outside he's gone. i don't know what to tell you guys. if he can't beat that man than why did they draft him?

wouldn't have been an issue if he hasn't made a habit of doing this all season. has pac12 running instincts like reggie bush. shame. 

He did beat the safety you dolt.

he was tackled by the CB. If he keeps it on the outside he gets tackled out of bounds at 15-20

Archived