• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lady luck is part of the equation....

Jeremy Igo

20 minutes ago, twylyght said:

Luck is one thing, but the Jets essentially gift wrapped this for the Panthers with 3 botched play calls for 4th and goal, ridiculously wide open drops (including one for a TD) and next level stupid roughing-the-passer penalty to ice any chance of a comeback.

We don't have the power running attack to protect the offense from Cam's lapse in consistent production.  This looks like a one-and-done team for the playoffs unless they catch Cam at the perfect time for a streak of great play.  He lays an egg next week against NO, this place will implode (and rightfully so).

We've established that the Saints are one of the top 3 or so teams in the league. A loss to them shouldn't cause a meltdown but it will.

51 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I know many are not exactly enthusiastic about the ugly win yesterday. 

But I am. Lady luck is every bit a part of the playoff equation as anything else. All teams have poo games from time to time, it is the teams that lady luck favors that tend to make the playoffs. 

I would not want it every week, but an ugly win from time to time tells me this could be the season for us. 

Spoiler Alert!

DILLY DILLY

As shitty as I thought we played and as utterly unprepared for a game coming out of a break as a Ron Rivera team was YET AGAIN, the Panthers didn’t win by “luck”.

Defensive scores and special teams scores are equally as important a part of the game as any other part.

Oh, and national sports media can come off of the fugging “jets were robbed” bullsh!t.  Give them that “robbed” TD and they still only have 4 more points. “Oh, but they would have had MOMENTUM!”  That is an imaginary concept unable to be submitted into evidence, counselor. 

Archived