• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Kamara OROY?

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

i mean just look at his statlines from 2016

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/alvin-kamara-1/gamelog/2016/

butch jones was a disaster. Even ignoring the saints everything, and his stats or whatever. Just looking at what he is right now; how does this player only get 6 carries against App state? What the fug are you doing butch jones?

Sure sounds like you are a Tennessee fan, which would explain why you are fanboying so hard over this guy.

8 hours ago, OBXPantha said:

Saints 3d rd pick making our #8 pick look like a scrub.  Is it RB talent or shawn peyton in another universe compared to Rivera.

its talent. Watch them both in space and you can see who is more elusive. Kamara looks insane rn. I hope the saints trade him lol. Don't need another sproles type player in SP's Offense 

53 minutes ago, Fright said:

I truly believe if CMC took stew’s carries for the rest of the year, he could win it, butttttt never happening. So yea, crown the Taint.

this is the ultimate answer to this thread. Kamara has been consistently out producing McCaffrey with about the same workload, so the only chance CMC would have is to have a higher volume of touches to get more yards and more chances at big plays. And the coaches will treat Stewart like a king and keep giving him 2x the amount of carries McCaffrey gets unless Stew gets hurt or he fumbles multiple times in a game. 

If you've learned anything from being a Panthers fan, its that this organization isn't run like a real business and its more like a family to Richardson and the top coaches. They are absolutely loyal to a fault to veterans who had good careers in the past but are a shell of themselves in the present, it just doesn't matter to them. They feel like they owe Stew and CJ the right to start even though theyve been getting outplayed all season long . 

They're also very very consercned about image of the players and what they mean to the city/fans. I personally think they are way too sentimental and Bellicheck would've benched or cut Stewart a long ass time ago, or at the very least gave him a very reduced role rushing the ball and give McCaffrey more of the carries. 

14 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

I think their line is better and Payton's an offensive genius 

I agree. Rivera is a defensive guy, always has been always will be. That's why our D is consistently among the best and our offense is pedestrian (2015 not included). If payton had CMC, he'd know how to better use him, and CMC would be a front runner for OROY.

15 hours ago, electro's horse said:

yeah he played on a godawful tennessee team and was clearly the best player on the field

like its hard in the sec. it's not like the ACC coastal or whatever it is you awtch

Vols at 9-4 were 2nd in the SEC East (Florida had the same overall but the better conference record to win the division), 2nd best record overall in the conference, and the only team in the SEC to not lose to a non-SEC team.

I hate Tennessee and respect the SEC but let's not misrepresent things here.

16 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

I think their line is better and Payton's an offensive genius 

Both are true, but Kamara is faster, more elusive and way more powerful. and his route running is underrated, up there with CMC. Kamara is coming into the league NFL ready while CMC will be a year or two before he gets there.

34 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Both are true, but Kamara is faster, more elusive and way more powerful. and his route running is underrated, up there with CMC. Kamara is coming into the league NFL ready while CMC will be a year or two before he gets there.

Not faster 4.48 forty for cmc and Ka Mara 4.56 Maybe u think he looks faster

3 minutes ago, Mikey815 said:

Not faster 4.48 forty for cmc and Ka Mara 4.56 Maybe u think he looks faster

I dont care about 40 times. You can watch a guy who leaves the defenders behind him compared to a guy that gets chased down. Kamara plays the game faster. Maybe the extra weight of pads and what not slows CMS down moreso than Kamara.

Archived