• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Kamara OROY?

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, electro's horse said:

kamara destroyed the sec. everyone knew he was going to be a monster. 

but no we got a guy who juked out a linebacker for oregon state one time

lol wtf are you talking about? He was never even a starter in the SEC, let alone destroying opposing teams. I will eat crow though, I thought the Saints were out of their minds taking him in the 3rd, sucks that it's working out for them. 

Kamaras workload is very very simular to McCaffrey in the amount of touches hes gotten in the backfield rushing and receiving the ball. The only area McCaffrey has him beat I think is receptions. After this 100 yard outing receiving Kamara has to be beating McCaffrey and receiving yards, and of course in rushing yards. Here we go.

McCaffrey vs Kamara (Before week 12, stats for week 12 wont be averaged in until tomorrow morning) 

CMC:  69 rush attemps, 206 rush yards, 3.0 yards per carry, 2 rushing touchdowns / 57 receptions, 433 receiving yards, 7.6 yards per catch / 3 rec td

Kamara: 72 rush attempts, 459 rush yards, 6.4 yards per carry 4 rushing touchdowns /48 receptions , 477 receiving yards, 9.3 yards per catch / 3 rec td

Kamara has virtually the same number of attempts McCaffrey has, but much more production rushing and after this most recent game, he has much more receiving yards. more the double the yards per carry . No you cant do everything on stats but they obviously matter and its hard for anyone to select players for awards who are completely beaten out stats wise by other players. 

Most definitely the OROY. Watson would have taken it from him if healthy, but Kamara is an absolute stud.  

The worst part about Kamara is that he takes pressure off of Brees, which conceivably could allow him to continue to play for a couple more years  

Im ready for him to hang them up. 

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Yeah because Butch Jones was his head coach. 

Kamara was pretty obviously the best player on the field most games. 

Then we were somehow watching different games because I never thought he looked anywhere close to being the best player on the field. The Saints system just fits him better I suppose. 

1 minute ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Then we were somehow watching different games because I never thought he looked anywhere close to being the best player on the field. The Saints system just fits him better I suppose. 

i mean just look at his statlines from 2016

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/alvin-kamara-1/gamelog/2016/

butch jones was a disaster. Even ignoring the saints everything, and his stats or whatever. Just looking at what he is right now; how does this player only get 6 carries against App state? What the fug are you doing butch jones?

4 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

this isnt going to be a factor in who gets the award but its huge part in why he's been so successful. McCaffrey would be doing very simular things in N.O. I'm guessing, and Kamara wouldn't be doing much better than McCaffrey here. Cam's a much less accurate QB, and the coaching staff would have ran Stew for most part and try to cram Kamara up the gut just like they do to mccaffrey, with horrible ass run blocking . 

1 minute ago, Hoenheim said:

this isnt going to be a factor in who gets the award but its huge part in why he's been so successful. McCaffrey would be doing very simular things in N.O. I'm guessing, and Kamara wouldn't be doing much better than McCaffrey here  I'm guessing. 

uh he's a little thicker and better at breaking tackles. obviously cam and shula aren't as good at getting players the ball in space. 

i do agree that cmc would be going nuts in new orleans. but, you know, shula and cam weren't going anywhere when the pick was made. 

Archived