• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Putting Corn on IR was a mistake.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

Not going to lie. You sure seem to be going out of your way to throw Shula, and now Hurndog under the bus. Nothing overt. Just a bunch of these little dig type things. 

Maybe, just maybe. Hurndog, and by extension Rivera were quite happy with the DBs at the time. I mean, is it really a bad thing that the powers that be have confidence in the players they have?

Our Defense has been playing very well. Shouldn't that be good enough for us fans? Do we really need to have the best D in the league, just to be happy?

Unrealistic expectations can lead to heart burn.

Then again. Fans wanting perfection is not a new thing.

Keeping two kickers is a fact and it's idiotic. You don't need hindsight to see that. Either kicker would have been fine and you would have had space. It's simple really.  

1 minute ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Keeping two kickers is a fact and it's idiotic. You don't need hindsight to see that. Either kicker would have been fine and you would have had space. It's simple really.  

Yes...yes it was. And it is not an isolated incident either. Every team makes mistakes. My point is about those fans that seem to think they deserve their team to be perfect. 

We are 7-3. Yet this stuff has gone on all year. If not for the last few years. It just seems that no amount of success is good enough any more.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

His injury was not serious. 

He would be fully up to speed right about now

It just so happens now is when he would be needed the most with Captain injured. 

Instead of putting him on IR 24 hours later and giving us the ability to bring him back this season, Hurney decided to keep two kickers. We all know own how that ended. 

This is why that was a mistake, something many could not see at the time. 

Hindsight. 

2 minutes ago, dldove77 said:

Hindsight. 

I think it was pretty well understood at the time that the injury was relatively minor and that there was no way in hell we were carrying two kickers all season. We basically IR'd our 5th round pick to try to see if we could get a future conditional 7th rounder for our 7th round pick. We couldn't. 

Knowing how good Gano and Butker have been this season, I actually think Hurney deserves some credit for trying to squeeze a pick out of someone for one of them before he ultimately had to release one. If he’d kept Butker and cut Gano, there’s a very good chance Gano would be a Chief right now with similar stats as Butker. 

4 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Even if you're right what does it change?

Do you have any idea how long the statute of limitations is for holding a grudge? lol

We are 7-3, and positioned nicely for an extremely entertaining Playoff run. Yet folks still want to harp on, or nitpick, every stinking flaw. Whether they are actual, or perceived. 

Rivera isn't the bestest coach. But how many truly great coaches are there?

Sure there may be better OCs than Shula. But Cam appears to love him, and our Offense is not bottom of the barrel. It could be better. But man, it most certainly could be much worse.

Hurndog. Sure he has a checkered past. But so far, nothing to really get up in arms over. IMO, I truly believe Rivera is stronger now. I have this hope where he is able to keep Hurndog most under control.

Not everything is doom and gloom. Sheesh.

Is there a point where success finally puts this stuff to rest? Or is it just something we will always have to deal with?

End Rant. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think it was pretty well understood at the time that the injury was relatively minor and that there was no way in hell we were carrying two kickers all season. We basically IR'd our 5th round pick to try to see if we could get a future conditional 7th rounder for our 7th round pick. We couldn't. 

Obv not a minor injury if it’s Week 12 and he’s still wearing a large knee brace, as @RoaringRiot mentioned earlier. 

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He had surgery, is currently still in a brace and on crutches. Who said the injury was minor? They were wrong

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He deserves credit for making an insane roster decision and then failing to actually execute a trade? What? 

Butker and Gano are both currently on rosters. Corn is still injured. What exactly are you arguing? That he should have rostered the injured guy and cut a guy who belonged on a roster? I mean, I get people hate Hurney for what he did years ago, but let it go. He knows more than you. 

Archived