• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time for some consistency.

Jeremy Igo

Yes, we're fourth in the NFC and two of the three teams ahead of us are games coming up. We're going to find out who we are and who they are between now and then.

I think we'll split with the Saints this year, and I think the Vikings will be one hell of a challenge. 

We're a better team than this board thinks and one that deserves the 7-3 record it now has. We're on pace for 11-5 and a solid run at the playoffs. That's good, that's mighty darned good as we get back Olsen and our offense gets more in the swing.

Breathe, watch, enjoy. The best of the season is still ahead of us.

4 hours ago, thomas96 said:

If we go 13-3 and the Eagles go 13-3 and the Vikings also go 13-3, could we possibly have the 3 way tiebreaker for the 1 seed? Head to head against the Eagles we wouldn't have obviously but the 3 way tiebreaker is different.

First of all, i doubt the Eagles will drop two more games. they play the Bears, Seahawks, Rams, Giants, Raiders, and Cowboys. I could see the Rams beating them, but please point out to me the other loss. :/ they'd have to have a Carolina @ Chicago type of game to lose another. But assuming they did... (my guess would be vs a Zeke-assisted Dallas in the finale). 

If Philadelphia loses to Oakland and Los Angeles, and the Panthers and Vikings go 13-3, the seeding will be like so:

1. Philly
  2. Carolina
  3. Minnesota
If Philadelphia loses to LA and Dallas, the seeding will be like so:
  1. Minnesota
  2. Philadelphia
  3. Carolina
at least, thats what playoff predictors says

4 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I could be wrong. But I think the first criteria is head to head among the three. If you have lost to either of the other teams. You are out. Again, I could be wrong, cuz, that track record...but then again. I could be right.

You would be correct sir. 

37 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

We're a better team than this board thinks and one that deserves the 7-3 record it now has. We're on pace for 11-5 and a solid run at the playoffs. That's good, that's mighty darned good as we get back Olsen and our offense gets more in the swing.

I don’t think a lot of people on this board think we are a bad team, but our offense hasn’t shown it can score TDs on a regular basis. Like you said, “....our offense gets more in the swing.” That’s not a guarantee.

5 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

First of all, i doubt the Eagles will drop two more games. they play the Bears, Seahawks, Rams, Giants, Raiders, and Cowboys. I could see the Rams beating them, but please point out to me the other loss. :/ they'd have to have a Carolina @ Chicago type of game to lose another. But assuming they did... (my guess would be vs a Zeke-assisted Dallas in the finale). 

If Philadelphia loses to Oakland and Los Angeles, and the Panthers and Vikings go 13-3, the seeding will be like so:

1. Philly
  2. Carolina
  3. Minnesota
If Philadelphia loses to LA and Dallas, the seeding will be like so:
  1. Minnesota
  2. Philadelphia
  3. Carolina
at least, thats what playoff predictors says

You would be correct sir. 

So we'd need them to drop 3 more games to get the 1 seed.... Damn we don't have the Seahawks luck from 2014 where they lost to a team they were in a 3 way tie with but got the 1 seed due to the three way tiebreakers. Big reason they wound up in Super Bowl that year and the Pats won. Packers probably win it all that year if not for that lucky seeding.

There will be a time in the future where we miss having this level of consistency. From Cam’s playmaking abilities and Luke’s dominance on defense to even Rivera’s statuesque appearance on the sideline. This is a model NFL team that many wish they could root for. 

59 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

So we'd need them to drop 3 more games to get the 1 seed.... 

Yes :( damn that loss to them really hurts right now

20 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I think you have the seeding wrong. If we go 13-3 then we will have beaten the Vikings and (see below) I think Philly wins that tiebreaker in all cases. I think we’d always get the 2 seed and Minnesota would always be the 3 seed. I don’t think who Philly loses to would matter because their head to head win % would always be the best and Minnesota’s always the worst. Beating NO and Minnesota should will likely get us the 2 seed and honestly based on Dallas and Detroit losing we are all but in the playoffs without shitting the bed.

eh. i was just going by what that predictor site was saying. it, and thus I, could be wrong

Archived