• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time for some consistency.

Jeremy Igo

Let's win the division and put all doubt to rest.  That Washington fug up last week cost us more than the Skins. It would be nice to be tied for the division right now with destiny in our own hands as far the division is concerned...we beat the Saints in the next match and do work against everyone else...would have been a lot easier.  Now we have to beat them and hope they slip up going forward.

34 minutes ago, shulasmyhero said:

Here are the procedures for breaking a 3-way tie:

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

Philadelphia owns the head to head win.  Minnesota and Philly do not play in regular season.  Panthers would lose out in virtually any tie breaking scenario with the teams currently in the playoff picture.

So...I was right. After 25 years of marriage. That's all I care about. 

Also, there are 6 games left. Anything can still, and will, happen. Not quite ready to write off all chances of getting where we want to go. At least not yet anywho.

1 hour ago, Dunn said:

7-3 going into December where the Panthers usually get rolling...I'll take all day, every day and twice on Sunday.

I have to admit December has always been our best month.  

I want us to dominate the Jets game.  It would put us a 4-0 against the AFCE and I can be no one predicted that.   I will say if we hit 30 points our offense will be legit and ready to roll into January and hopefully February.

Just make the playoffs first. Anything can happen once you get in. Of course all of us want some kind of home field advantage in the playoffs, but the NFC is so tight now that it isn't even a guarantee that we make the playoffs should we drop two more NFC games. That Vikings game and two away division games against Saints and Falcons will be HUGE! At least go 2-1 and you are sitting pretty good. Go 1-2 and it's looking shaky. Lose all 3 and it's looking really bad. We also cannot afford to have one of "those games" against the Jets and Bucs either.

we win the next 3 games and i feel good about us against anyone in the playoffs.

if we go 2-3, i'll be cautiously optimistic. 

we only win one and i'm going to continue to be pretty meh through the rest of the season.

we've got the potential to be world beaters, but...yeah...the consistency just isn't there.

John Gruden's take is that Cam is now healthy and in the grove. He has been playing injured for a good deal of his career and had no practice time preseason. He is bullish and i am bullish. We should beat the Jets. As far as the playoffs there are too many good teams ahead of us but who knows. As others have said just get in and go from there.

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Let's win the division and put all doubt to rest.  That Washington fug up last week cost us more than the Skins. It would be nice to be tied for the division right now with destiny in our own hands as far the division is concerned...we beat the Saints in the next match and do work against everyone else...would have been a lot easier.  Now we have to beat them and hope they slip up going forward.

Nope if we win out, we win the NFCS regardless of what the Saints do. We control our division destiny. Lets say Panthers and Saints 13-3, both have same division record and split the season series. The next tie breaker is record vs common opponents. We would have lost to the Bears who the Saints beat but we would have beaten the Pats and the Vikings who beat the Saints. 

Archived