• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Ryan loves lemon pepper wings

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, OBXPantha said:

I spent 3 1/2 years in Korea.  One of my favorites was a dish called jajangmyeon.  Basically noodles with blackbean sauce with bits of meat and veggies cooked in.  Looks like black spaghetti.  Could get if for less that 50 cents (200 won) back in the 80's.  Cost about $15 at a korean restaurant here in the states.

s-l300.jpg

i've actually got a couple packs of these in my pantry. there's a few other brands that are good as well. that's about all i can find and usually my seoul sister (more or less adopted after she stayed with my family as a foreign exchange student) brings different varieties of ramen noodles (usually the spicy ones) when she comes in to visit. i've found them at the asian market near here, though.

my family and i eat quite a bit of korean food. i eat kimchi just about every day and we eat bulgogi once or twice a month and eat kimbap quite a bit as well. my young daughters eat kim nori like potato chips.

last time my seoul sis was here she had me do the fire noodle challenge. pretty intense. made me cry, but i finished it.

Archived