• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roger Goodell wants a 40% raise

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

His total screw up of the protest was just his latest screw up. Seriously though anyone on this board sans a couple could be the commissionor of the NFL. It's has the job complexity of running a Applebee's restaurant. 

I would hazard a guess that the complexity of Goodell's job is less than that.  Goodell has the luxury of a budget that provides him the ability to hire top-notch people to do all the damn real work for him.  All he has to do is provide "leadership" and "direction" which he obviously really, really sucks at.

They'll give it to him, and I'll tell you why, because he can leak out the information on how the NFL has been fixing games/pushing momentum one way since he took over.    Since it's entertainment, there is no legal ramifications for doing this, so he wouldn't have anything to lose if they let him go.

15 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

They'll give it to him, and I'll tell you why, because he can leak out the information on how the NFL has been fixing games/pushing momentum one way since he took over.    Since it's entertainment, there is no legal ramifications for doing this, so he wouldn't have anything to lose if they let him go.

Oh my. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Rockets said:

Oh my. 

Tons and tons of evidence, bad refs keep jobs, officiating getting WORSE, rules MORE muddied, ratings UP and UP over his tenure.      It's not really a crazy conspiracy, it's all about keeping advertisers hooked for 'story-lines'.

Also, I fail to see how Goodell screwed up when it came to the protest. Well, not unless you feel Goodell should’ve banned or made the players stand. 

As for his raise; I don’t blame him for starting high. If they give it to him, that’s great for him. I thought we were all taught to start high.

28 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Tons and tons of evidence, bad refs keep jobs, officiating getting WORSE, rules MORE muddied, ratings UP and UP over his tenure.      It's not really a crazy conspiracy, it's all about keeping advertisers hooked for 'story-lines'.

So... WWE on a 100 yd field?

Who knew the XFL was stepping on so many NFL toes?  :tongue:

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

So... WWE on a 100 yd field?

Who knew the XFL was stepping on so many NFL toes?  :tongue:

Every year, it looks more and more plausible with the terrible officiating, and the same terrible refs, and more confusing rules.     Story lines conveniently always pop up too for the big games.    I mean some of my posts are in jest for sure, but there is a lot of interesting stuff going on and it started when Goodell came along.    When ratings dropped during that Tampa blow out of Raiders and they lost add money, things changed, especially in big games.  

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

I'm pulling for Jerry Jones on this one all the way.

He may or may not have ulterior motives in opposing Goodell, but at least he's opposing him.

Jerry Jones is doing possibly to spite the NFL and Gooddell for suspending his Ewok RB toy for 6 games and his anger went over the top. Ever since the suspension he has had issues. The guy is a womanizer and a drunken lush. The Gooddell issue is a bit over doing it though with all the things he wants in return.

While I dont think 50 mil is too much, I know the Owners will just pass that on to us.  Most likely whoever comes in will make more because the product is worth more than when Goodell took over.  So, it makes sense that he would want a raise.

Archived