• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quick Question

Jeremy Igo

46 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

In an alternative universe, the Panthers passed on CMC and drafted Hunt in the 3rd round. 

1. Does Rivera recognize his potential? 

2. Is Hunt active on game days? 

3. Is he third string behind Stewart and Fozzy? 

Who’d we get?

1)Rivera will say he’s young and learning and doing a great job with what he’s been asked to do.

2)He’d be on STs.  We usually play or top picks.

3) Yes

45 minutes ago, Udogg said:

With no injuries?  

I don't think he is active.   Not sure Hunt would have been active if not for injuries in K.C. 

I think coaches / people in general are reluctant to replace people due to trust and the message it sends. 

The only injury KC suffered at RB is Ware, who yes was penciled in at #1 but Hunt was always right there and KC was high on him way before Ware's injury.

6 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

CMC would be doing what Hunt is doing in KC.

Hunt would be doing less than what CMC is doing here in Carolina.

That's not a knock against Hunt, that's a knock against our coaching staff. 

As far as running the ball I think Hunt would be better than CMC behind our line.  As far as passing he would be doing worse. 

In KC.  CMC would be doing better in passing (due to scheme and Alex Smith's accuracy in the short passing game).   I don't think he would be better as far as rushing.  A lot of Hunt's yards are after contact.  Plus he is a more powerful runner. 

9 minutes ago, Udogg said:

As far as running the ball I think Hunt would be better than CMC behind our line.  As far as passing he would be doing worse. 

In KC.  CMC would be doing better in passing (due to scheme and Alex Smith's accuracy in the short passing game).   I don't think he would be better as far as rushing.  A lot of Hunt's yards are after contact.  Plus he is a more powerful runner. 

I can agree with what you say about CMC over in KC, but our line and blocking has been so piss poor, I doubt Hunt would be doing much better than CMC here. No one was running behind our guys up until last week unless their name was Newton. 

Okay, so for our head coach we have a guy that as a player had these awards:

Super Bowl XX ring

Consensus All-American (1983)

Pop Warner Trophy (1983) (Most valuable Senior Player for a West Coast university)

Eight year career with the Chicago Bears with 7.5 sacks and 9 INT. 

Since becoming our head coach he has:

won NFL AP Coach of the Year 2013, 2015

Overall record of 59-45-1, post season 3-3

Has coached the team to the playoffs in 2013, 2014, and 2015 (including a Superb Owl appearance this season).

Coached the team to 15-1 regular season in 2015, best in division and conference history.

And currently has this team on track for a playoff appearance in 2017.

And he's done it carrying your whiny asses on his back the whole damn time.

Sheesh. You guys call him timid, spineless and a terrible judge of talent. This is first head coaching job and he took the worst team in the league and went to the Superb Owl in what three, four seasons? (For a little perspective, Bill Belichick's first five years as a head coach saw him with an overall record of 41-55, including his first year with the Patriots. 

You folks constantly complaining are the football equivalents of the comic book shop guy on the Simpsons -- your fetishism has overridden any actual appreciation of what is before you. Ease up a bit, step back a bit, get some perspective.

Because this poo is getting old.

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Okay, so for our head coach we have a guy that as a player had these awards:

Super Bowl XX ring

Consensus All-American (1983)

Pop Warner Trophy (1983) (Most valuable Senior Player for a West Coast university)

Eight year career with the Chicago Bears with 7.5 sacks and 9 INT. 

haha. What the fug is this?

Who gives a poo what he did as a player? There is no relationship between player success and coaching success.

Singleterry was 100x better as a player and hasn't proven to have what it takes to be a HC. Belichick, conversely, wasn't in the NFL as a player, and is a HOF coach.

People complain about him because he makes bad decisions and has the personality of wet cardboard.

48 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

CMC would be doing what Hunt is doing in KC.

Hunt would be doing less than what CMC is doing here in Carolina.

That's not a knock against Hunt, that's a knock against our coaching staff. 

No

Hunt is undoubtedly the better running back. Hunt's yards after contact are absurd. Even in college Hunt was second behind only Cook in yards after contact 

Archived