• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettlemagic?

Jeremy Igo

it’s just that simple: don’t let the team’s output stray away from JR’s impossible vision of a run-first defensive dynasty and don’t ruffle feathers in our little mickey mouse clubhouse and you’re good. my intuition has it that gettleman probably would’ve been fired after 2015 had that season not been the biggest ruined orgasm in sports history. but since the panthers underwhelmed the next year, ooh now all of a sudden JR has a pretext to work with. thank god for that. can’t have a yankee telling ppl what they don’t wanna hear in the good ol BOA.

gettleman isn’t going to hit it out of the park and if that makes him a terrible GM then somebody show me a GM who did bc even belichick stinks up the joint with some of the moves he makes. but the guy knew how to build a winning football team and i think i know what i’m talking about since the team had the longest run of success while he was in the driver’s seat.

you ppl might be wondering why i don’t post much here these days. well half the reason is that this forum is overrun with too many jobless, autistic weebs and pussy-whipped dads that overanalyze every little thing inside out and upside down until they’re burrowed up their own asshole, but the other half is that this franchise has some of the most uninspiring hacks as leadership and i honestly don’t forsee a paradigm shift until it changes, and if it didn’t in october 2012, i probably would’ve withdrawn shortly thereafter anyway. 

yea, we’re 6-3, but 137 passing yards from a QB with one of the best arms by the design of this offense and trading away our 2nd best catcher is a crime against humanity. the passing game makes me feel like i just watched 9/11 footage when i’m through with it. our outlook is bleaker and bleaker in the future as long as we keep this joke of a...i’m not even going to call him a GM. that would be like me calling a retard a heart surgeon just bc somebody put him in an operating room and gave him a white coat to wear. and then kicker is that JR oversees this and it’s all good in the hood to him. and in spite of this, i’m probably going to a panthers game this month. football sucks.

5 hours ago, frash.exe said:

it’s just that simple: don’t let the team’s output stray away from JR’s impossible vision of a run-first defensive dynasty and don’t ruffle feathers in our little mickey mouse clubhouse and you’re good. my intuition has it that gettleman probably would’ve been fired after 2015 had that season not been the biggest ruined orgasm in sports history. but since the panthers underwhelmed the next year, ooh now all of a sudden JR has a pretext to work with. thank god for that. can’t have a yankee telling ppl what they don’t wanna hear in the good ol BOA.

gettleman isn’t going to hit it out of the park and if that makes him a terrible GM then somebody show me a GM who did bc even belichick stinks up the joint with some of the moves he makes. but the guy knew how to build a winning football team and i think i know what i’m talking about since the team had the longest run of success while he was in the driver’s seat.

you ppl might be wondering why i don’t post much here these days. well half the reason is that this forum is overrun with too many jobless, autistic weebs and pussy-whipped dads that overanalyze every little thing inside out and upside down until they’re burrowed up their own asshole, but the other half is that this franchise has some of the most uninspiring hacks as leadership and i honestly don’t forsee a paradigm shift until it changes, and if it didn’t in october 2012, i probably would’ve withdrawn shortly thereafter anyway. 

yea, we’re 6-3, but 137 passing yards from a QB with one of the best arms by the design of this offense and trading away our 2nd best catcher is a crime against humanity. the passing game makes me feel like i just watched 9/11 footage when i’m through with it. our outlook is bleaker and bleaker in the future as long as we keep this joke of a...i’m not even going to call him a GM. that would be like me calling a retard a heart surgeon just bc somebody put him in an operating room and gave him a white coat to wear. and then kicker is that JR oversees this and it’s all good in the hood to him. and in spite of this, i’m probably going to a panthers game this month. football sucks.

Agree with all this.  Hurney is absolutely awful and this franchise is doomed if he sticks around.  JR even trusting Hurney to have any input on a replacement GM is a scary thought.  

14 hours ago, juliosantos said:

stop giving him praise he produced one star player and thats short other then that his drafts were all average players and he let stars walk out the door . im happy hes gone and i hope hurney is gone after this season too 

And that's the difference between him and Hurney. He might not have drafted many superstars, but the other guys weren't complete chicken poo at football and could contribute and allow the superstars to flourish. 

Hurney drafted a first round stud, then guys who aren't even worthy of being on a roster in every other round. 

Gettleman drafts OK guys, and then solid depth. 

14 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

And that's the difference between him and Hurney. He might not have drafted many superstars, but the other guys weren't complete chicken poo at football and could contribute and allow the superstars to flourish. 

Hurney drafted a first round stud, then guys who aren't even worthy of being on a roster in every other round. 

Gettleman drafts OK guys, and then solid depth. 

Norman and Hardy were busts?

7 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Norman and Hardy were busts?

Those are late round gems that he tripped over his own dick into. 

He failed miserably in rounds 2 and 3 where you should also be able to find starters. 

Also Hardy was a one year wonder and Norman, while good, had to get over himself and learn to play within the system which took 3 and a half years. 

22 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Those are late round gems that he tripped over his own dick into. 

He failed miserably in rounds 2 and 3 where you should also be able to find starters. 

Also Hardy was a one year wonder and Norman, while good, had to get over himself and learn to play within the system which took 3 and a half years. 

Charles Johnson and Kalil were busts? Or were they lucky picks too? 

Short and Turner were lucky guesses. See I can do that too.

And Hardy a one hit wonder? He had 11 sacks in 2012 and 15 in 2013. His prime was cut short.

Revisionist history.

Archived