• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Story of the Snap Count is an Apocalyptic Narrative

Steves89

3 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Seeing CJ get more snaps than Peppers makes me so mad. 

Don't be.  CJ is a stop gap at this point in his career...JP still has some explosiveness....but that will abandon him late in the season if we use him up.

Want a hungry, explosive Peppers in the January, not November.

26 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

I like seeing Armah getting some snaps. I really want to see him get some targets as people focus on Cam and CMC.

Leak him out on the backside for that reverse screen that we always do of just have him running to the void that CMC clears out.

I like that. He showed deceptive speed in preseason. He might be good for a couple decent gains once he gets more reps in the offense. 

43 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yep, as much as people want to say we had success without KB, we didn’t have success based on those factors of why we traded him. We didn’t spread the ball out, we didn’t use speed downfield, we just ran the ball more effectively and I’ll be interested in what happens when we can’t run as well.

When you run for over 200 yards, it is probably going to impact the passing yards, and targets. So we did kinda win ugly. But man, it is still early in this new phase. It may behoove us to give it some time before we say it is not successful.

Samuel, and Shep will now be getting more practice reps with Cam. Everyone of those reps will make Cam that much more comfortable come game time. Throw in Olsen coming back, and maybe Byrd. 

The chemistry should only grow as the season progresses. Or at least that is what I am expecting.

20 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Can’t change it but at the halfway point it’s hard for me to feel good growing chemistry. We all knew Greg was coming back, but let’s be honest it will only change the TE targets from Dickson to Greg (and more going to the TE).

Dolphins have a good run D so this will be a better test to see what we do. Defense may play well enough again to win ugly but the Dolphins offense looked decent this past week.

I get it. I don't understand it, but I get it. Folks are waiting for the other shoe to drop. For some reason folks are just leery of this team. Like I said, I get it. I guess I just see it differently.

57 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I’m not sure you do. We don’t want it to go bad and we won’t be mad if Samuel takes off but at 6-3 I don’t want to hear about winning ugly and hoping our QB gels with two guys who have 21 receptions in 9 games.

This is a playoff defense who are starting to gets some turnovers, but the offense is a lose round 1 right now unless Cam runs for almost a 100 yards. Losing KB didn’t help us this week like some people said it would. Cam’s running and Julio’s drop were the biggest impacts.

We should get to 8-3 but if we play like this weekend we won’t win in NO even with Greg. 

I did not say fans "Want it to go bad". I said, "Fans seem to be waiting for the other shoe to drop". Then you go on to complain that you don't care if Samuel takes off, and don't want to hear about winning ugly. Then criticize Samuel, and Shep for not having enough receptions. 

You then go on to pan the Offense. You claim that we should make the playoffs, but will flame out. And we can't beat NO even with Greg. You have a lot of negativity going on in that post. 

So I guess I am wrong. You aren't waiting for the other shoe to drop. To you, the shoe has already dropped. 

I hope things get better for you. Because I hate to see fans not enjoying football. 

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

I’m not sure you do. We don’t want it to go bad and we won’t be mad if Samuel takes off but at 6-3 I don’t want to hear about winning ugly and hoping our QB gels with two guys who have 21 receptions in 9 games.

This is a playoff defense who are starting to gets some turnovers, but the offense is a lose round 1 right now unless Cam runs for almost a 100 yards. Losing KB didn’t help us this week like some people said it would. Cam’s running and Julio’s drop were the biggest impacts.

We should get to 8-3 but if we play like this weekend we won’t win in NO even with Greg. 

Or against the Vikings. That game just feels like s game we will struggle to get to 10 points unless something changes

Samuels stats won’t show it but him being in the field opens up the underneath stuff for Funchess. 

If KB and Funch we’re still starting together I don’t think Funch gets anywhere near 86 yards.

Notice on 2 of Funch’s receptions Samuel was down the field blocking for Funch. Samuel was drawing defenders down field which is exactly what we need him to do.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

LOL, never mind. If you got that I’m complaining that I don’t care if Samuel goes off, you have completely missed my point.

Love the old I hope things get better for you sentiment. Geez nothing worse than a condescending response when you don’t get it. I’ll keep enjoying being a fan who wants us to improve and doesn't always agree with what coaches and GMs do.

Ok then. I tried to have a conversation. But no matter how I word it, you keep getting more upset. So I will leave you alone. 

1 hour ago, Eazy-E said:

Samuels stats won’t show it but him being in the field opens up the underneath stuff for Funchess. 

If KB and Funch we’re still starting together I don’t think Funch gets anywhere near 86 yards.

Notice on 2 of Funch’s receptions Samuel was down the field blocking for Funch. Samuel was drawing defenders down field which is exactly what we need him to do.

Good point. It goes to show you can influence a game without actually getting targets. 

I know it is probably me, but it seems like every week Samuel does just a little bit more, just a little bit better. Can't wait until they take the reins off of him.

My 2 people with low snap counts I would like to see more of is Taylor Moton, Jarius Byrd.

Ive see Moton out there mainly on heavy run sets but if you didn't know we drafted him you'd think he's not a rookie. Moton is fuging massive!

I like Coleman and Adams but all 3 of them are older and get pretty banged up. We got Byrd for a year so let him play.. keep the depth healthy for the year. 

I hope that penalty on Armah for not lining up right doesn't cut his play time even more. Im sure the penalty was right but from what I saw he looked in the right place so idk.

Archived