• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The ONLY reason the Panthers went for it on 4th and 1 = Cam Newton

Jeremy Igo

21 minutes ago, Shonuff said:

We did, but it not a good feeling win when we could've taking more risk and probably put the game away.  Anybody who pays attention to the NFL should know, this will bite you in the ass sooner or later  (sorry, behind)....this is a scoring league.

You  are going to be hard pressed to find a Head Coach who will agree with this. Risks are what get Coaches fired. Wins and loses define a Coach. So...they tend to be risk averse.

19 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

There were six 1st down plays after our last FG.

Shula ran on every one of them.

"Hoping for more success"

Hope isn't much of a gameplan.

Hope got us 39 total offensive yards in the last 20 minutes of the game.

We ran for over 200 yards. Why should he not believe we could be successful?

Also, one of those first down runs was CmC for 7 yards. And we did not get a 1st down. Yeah, that sucked. But the premise was sound.

We closed out, NE was it, with 8 straight runs to end the game. So it can happen.

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You  are going to be hard pressed to find a Head Coach who will agree with this. Risks are what get Coaches fired. Wins and loses define a Coach. So...they tend to be risk averse.

So Hurney should be fired right now then. Since he just took a huge risk trading away our #1 wide receiver. I seriously can't stand your glass half full garbage. Yay we won. That doesn't mean we can't call poo for what it is. 

Oops I said a bad word. I'll go paddle myself now. 

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

I get it. For some reason fans think we should be better than we are. And they blame the Coaching staff. What I don't get is. There is no way you can tell me the next Coach is going to be better. 

I don't see the wheels falling of like others do. And until that point comes. I am going to stick with my Coach.

Last year was last year. This year is this year. And we are 6-3, and sitting in great position. 

No! I don't like every play call. Yes! There are things I think we could do better. But we are penalized less, we play hard, and physical, and we are winning. I can live with that.

Come on, Hub. If you can't fire someone without a guarantee of the future, you can never fire anyone. 

I believe we've seen everything Rivera has to offer. If we keep him, will we win games? Sure.

Will we win championships? I sincerely doubt it. 

Now with that said, my biggest fear regarding coaching change is that I also don't trust the guy who's be picking his successor. So until Hurney is gone, we may as well just stay with Rivera. 

And since I'm fairly sure neither of them is going anywhere... 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Come on, Hub. If you can't fire someone without a guarantee of the future, you can never fire anyone. 

I believe we've seen everything Rivera has to offer. If we keep him, will we win games? Sure.

Now with that said, my biggest fear regarding coaching change is that I also don't trust the guy who's be picking his successor. So until Hurney is gone, we may as well just stay with Rivera. 

Blah, blah, blah.

4 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

A grown man getting mad about a group of guys using the word “pussy”, that’s a first.

Well I guess that answers this. It is perfectly alright to use unacceptable language. Just as long as it is Hubby who is complaining. LOL

Hey, if you can abide crass language that is fine by me. Personally, on a Public Forum, I believe there are a few words that do not need to be use. 

I am so sorry I have morals, and a code of ethics. 

This is the second time you have interjected into this thread, with the same spiel. I guess you must not have gotten the response you needed the first time.

2 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

The ONLY thing I would argue with is how folks always say Rivera is the only coach that tries to play safe at the end of games. Coaches have been doing that for damm near 100 years.

Coaches hate mistakes. Playing aggressive at the end of games can lead to mistakes. So most coaches prefer to play off, and make teams move methodically down the field. The longer it takes to score, the more chances they make a mistake.

It really is playing the odds. Unfortunately, most fans can't stand it.

I get that  but wouldnt it be safer to play the way you have been playing the whole game.  It got you the lead so we know it works.  Seems playing safe rarely works

7 minutes ago, TDAllDay said:

So Hurney should be fired right now then. Since he just took a huge risk trading away our #1 wide receiver. I seriously can't stand your glass half full garbage. Yay we won. That doesn't mean we can't call poo for what it is. 

Oops I said a bad word. I'll go paddle myself now. 

Fire Hurndog, I don't care. 

Call poo out all you want. I don't care.

Go paddle yourself. I don't care.

Use unacceptable language. I care.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Give me a GM I can trust. Sure, look for a better coach. But you better make sure the circumstances warrant it.

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Fire Hurndog, I don't care. 

Call poo out all you want. I don't care.

Go paddle yourself. I don't care.

Use unacceptable language. I care.

You were the buzzkill at every party weren't you. I'm going to ask very nicely, can you please gtfo. Thank you kindly. 

Archived