• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The ONLY reason the Panthers went for it on 4th and 1 = Cam Newton

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Frustration or not. We won the game. There is no earthly reason for language like this.

Oh I didn't know it was past your bedtime. I respect cam more now for doing this. I respected him before but this playing not to lose garbage is old.

Is it time for your bottle yet? 

7 minutes ago, Shonuff said:

I think it's fitting considering the situation.....you won't ever ever ever have to worry about Ron making that decision again in that situation.  Even Troy Aikman was wtf? Especially if they had gone for the FG and missed.  It's about more than W and L, it's about believing in your team....guts. Riverboat wimped out and Cam lost it.  Cam was like damn dude, been doing this since the 5th grade, you know and I know I can get this.

I was not talking about your post. I was talking about your use of "Spineless Bitc...". Frustration or not. There is no need for that type of language. After all, this IS a public forum. And we have a plethora of kids on here right now. Rant all you want. All I ask is watch the language.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Quest said:

4th and inches, Cam QB sneak a guaranteed 1st down...everybody knows that. ..Ron doesnt?  

Brady's QB sneak first down percentage is over 91 percent for his entire career, yet RR doesn't have confidence in a young 6'5" 250 lbs. Cam Newton to do the same exact thing.

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Did you miss us getting a turnover on downs because Julio dropped an easy TD?

Yes, technically we won but it took Julio’s worst drop ever since pee wee to get the win.

I know you just like to poo stuff but damn you are completely blind to the fact that we did everything we could to lose this game after we rolled the Falcons in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. We do it all the time and we are a Zay Jones drop, Julio drop and a 3rd and long completion to KB away from blowing 3 games we were dominating until we paddle boated into wins. 

But...Julio did drop that pass. And Zay Jones did drop his. So what? We ARE 6-3. Let's stick to what we are, not what we should/could be. 

Ah, the ol' reverse what if. 

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I was not talking about your post. I was talking about your use of "Spineless Bitc...". Frustration or not. There is no need for that type of language. After all, this IS a public forum. And we have a plethora of kids on here right now. Rant all you want. All I ask is watch the language.

Daddy, why do they have those eggplant things on the Huddle? 

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Dear lord won't someone think of the kids?!?!?! Lighten up Francis. This is the huddle, check your 1950s sensibilities at the door.

6 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Gotcha, people who wanna fire the staff or replace Cam are clueless.  However, Ron is gonna have to depend more on inaccurate Cam and the offense to do more in the 3rd and 4th quarter.  The risk averse approach isn't gonna work, our D isn't that  sharp...edit: very good but they're exhausted in the 4th....gotta give to the MVP Cam or bust.  If he can't do it so be it.

12 minutes ago, Shonuff said:

Not with a 10 point lead with 10 minutes left in the game.....heck no.  What NFL are you watching?...the 80s?

I am sorry to break it to you. But whether it's the 80s, or 17, most coaches like to minimize mistakes. Just because it does not always work, does not mean it will go away. Sorry.

It has as much to do with coaches wanting the opposing Offense to have to work, and limit mistakes. Playing aggressive Defense is a recipe for disaster. 

As for the Offense. You do realize that the Offense still wants to move the ball. Right? Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. 

Lastly, why is that so hard for some folks to understand. 

14 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Why not? Because we continue to give up 10-20+ point leads by going 3 and out over and over until the defense looks tired and has to play entire 4th quarters. Again, if Zay Jones and Julio catch those balls we are 4-5. You act like we are grinding the game out and the other teams never get a chance. If that’s what we were doing I’d be all for it. We just have 3 and outs and let opponents have good opportunities to win. Last year, didn’t work well for us in close games. This year we’ve had some luck. 

More words, same argument. Already answered this.

Run the clock, hope to have some success. And play Defense. Rivera is not the first coach to utilize this.

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

It really is playing the odds.

So let me see if I understand you...

You (and Ron) believe that shutting everything down with 20 minutes left in a game and a 10 point lead, in the NFL, against a team with the reigning NFL MVP at QB, with NFL rules that pretty much allow you to score quickly, and refs that like nothing better than to call pass interference, are good "odds"?

13 minutes ago, TDAllDay said:

Oh I didn't know it was past your bedtime. I respect cam more now for doing this. I respected him before but this playing not to lose garbage is old.

Is it time for your bottle yet? 

Cool. Because I asked you to clean up your crass language. In a public forum. I must need a bottle? Passive aggressive much?

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

More words, same argument. Already answered this.

Run the clock, hope to have some success. And play Defense. Rivera is not the first coach to utilize this.

Nah, Fox was the master..it worked better 20 years ago and a few weeks ago against the Panthers.  It was like watching to Sumo wrestlers run a marathon.

Archived