• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The ONLY reason the Panthers went for it on 4th and 1 = Cam Newton

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

And the play IMMEDIATELY after that, Rivera and Shula turned it all off.  They were determined to be 100% risk-averse and run the clock out with 20 minutes left in the game.

yea... Riv acts like he has Jerome Bettis and Beastmode in the backfield with Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, Julian Edlman, Greg olsen flanked...he just looks bumbling out there..

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I have nothing but respect for Ron Rivera the man. His family is great too. 

But I don't believe in him as a coach anymore. Today's incident strengthened those feelings. 

The problem, as I see it? Too many folks think anyone connected to this team has to be perfect. Folks go off the rails over every mistake. Whether that is an actual mistake, or a perceived one.

Hellz, folks were harping on RR for using his "Only" challenge on that incomplete pass. Folks are ready to crucify him, even when they don't know exactly what is going on.

Personally. We are 6-3, and play Miami before the bye. When we get Olsen back. We are in great shape. Yet we get this stuff.

6 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

The problem, as I see it? Too many folks think anyone connected to this team has to be perfect. Folks go off the rails over every mistake. Whether that is an actual mistake, or a perceived one.

Hellz, folks were harping on RR for using his "Only" challenge on that incomplete pass. Folks are ready to crucify him, even when they don't know exactly what is going on.

Personally. We are 6-3, and play Miami before the bye. When we get Olsen back. We are in great shape. Yet we get this stuff.

I don't know if I buy that we're in "good shape".

We can certainly beat bad teams, but I'm not convinced we can beat one that's playoff worthy.

Some coaches have one really good year and then never quite get back to being that good again. I think that could be Rivera. 

No, he doesn't do everything wrong. Nobody does everything wrong. I would say however he does enough wrong to make me worry. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know if I buy that we're in "good shape".

We can certainly beat bad teams, but I'm not convinced we can beat one that's playoff worthy.

Some coaches have one really good year and then never quite get back to being that good again. I think that could be Rivera. 

No, he doesn't do everything wrong. Nobody does everything wrong. I would say however he does enough wrong to make me worry. 

Rivera has a winning record. Won 3 Divisional Championships. Won an NFC Championship. And been to the SuperB owl.

I would say that is pretty successful. I can think of lots of teams that would take that record. But for some reason. It ain't good enough around here.

Oh, and 2 time Coach of the Year.

Archived