• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The ONLY reason the Panthers went for it on 4th and 1 = Cam Newton

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

I get that  but wouldnt it be safer to play the way you have been playing the whole game.  It got you the lead so we know it works.  Seems playing safe rarely works

We started slow on Defense. After the first two drives. We gave them 7 points. I don't see what is wrong with that.

Playing safe does work. It just happens to be boring from the fan perspective.

Wilks is far more aggressive that McD was. And that last stand? We held them to a 4 and out, when everyone, I mean everyone, on here just knew that atl was going to come back.

I just have a hard time ranting after a win.

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Give me a GM I can trust. Sure, look for a better coach. But you better make sure the circumstances warrant it.

If you're a football coach, unless you're a perennial playoff contender, you have a shelf life. I believe Rivera is past his. 

Several years in, Rivera is still making the same mistakes he always did. Worst of luck, we still see leads being blown in the second half of games. We've honestly seen that pretty much every year since he's been here, even in 2015.

Rivera's good. Just not good enough. U

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

If you're a football coach, unless you're a perennial playoff contender, you have a shelf life. I believe Rivera is past his. 

Several years in, Rivera is still making the same mistakes he always did. Worst of luck, we still see leads being blown in the second half of games. We've honestly seen that pretty much every year since he's been here, even in 2015.

Rivera's good. Just not good enough. U

There a quite a few coaches that have been around for more than a cup of coffee. So, I am not sure I buy into that totally.

1st couple of years I though Rivera was not going to make it. Then he started getting better. Now? I think he is still a very good coach.

My only concern is Shula. Well...and Hurndog. But yeah, if we could replace Shula. I really think we could take it up a notch. But short of that. We are who we are.  

4 minutes ago, TDAllDay said:

Wow, like an annoying child that won't shut up. Go to bed already so mommy can clean up your peepee. 

So, because you cannot change my point of view?????

LOL at folks getting all worked up because I have some faith in our Coaching Staff. 

7 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

There a quite a few coaches that have been around for more than a cup of coffee. So, I am not sure I buy into that totally.

1st couple of years I though Rivera was not going to make it. Then he started getting better. Now? I think he is still a very good coach.

My only concern is Shula. Well...and Hurndog. But yeah, if we could replace Shula. I really think we could take it up a notch. But short of that. We are who we are.  

Understood, but who is it that keeps Shula employed here?

You make a bad hire? Okay, that happens. It's not your fault if a guy doesn't live up to expectations. 

You refuse to recognize a bad hire, and instead keep defending him, (blaming others in the process)  now you're the problem. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Understood, but who is it that keeps Shula employed here?

You make a bad hire? Okay, that happens. It's not your fault if a guy doesn't live up to expectations. 

You refuse to recognize a bad hire, and instead you keep defending him, now you're the problem. 

See, that's the rub. Shula is lauded as having a very sophisticated Offense. And at times, it does look amazing.

Then he does that Shula thing. 

For what Rivera wants. Shula fits. I don't believe Rivera wants a throw 1st style. So it will be difficult to get rid of Shula. That is something the GM may have to have a say in. And that doesn't happen much.

My thing is y'all is that he's probably felt this way before. THIS TIME HE JUST GOT TIRED and boiled over. Cam has felt this way all along and I doubt it will be the last time he will feel this way #keepmecrying i mean #keeppounding I'm glad has I fire in him I think benji leaving was the fuse

9 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Does it truly matter how the event unfolds? I have seen this happen more than once in the past. QBs can sway a coach. It does not somehow make the coach less of a man. Sheesh.

If it was another team the story line would be how cool it was that the coach changed his mind based on the QB

Archived