• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Half way through the season, who are the Panthers O and D MVPs?

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Special Teams: Palardy and Gano have both been excellent this year. I realize Butker was a better choice but can't fault Gano. 

Defense: Peppers, I'm not even factoring in his age he's just been that good when on the field. Luke had a bad game against Detroit and unfortunately with the concussion has not played enough.  

Offense: Cam. No doubt. We would be historically bad on offense without him. Yes he's thrown some picks this year but a lot of those have not been his fault.

CMC has played better as a WR than I anticipated but worse as RB. Now I think a lot of that has to do with subpar line play (Larsen and Trai suprisingly) and teams stacking the box against us. I certainly am not giving up on him as a RB like the national media has. 

Funchess has greatly improved this year but he still refuses to attack balls in the air. This is truly concerning because you need a #1 WR to do that. 

Matt Kalil has not been good, but he's been slightly better than he was in Minnesota which I suppose is a plus. 

This offseason our top needs are: Left Tackle, DE, C, WR, S (will not be mad if we target a top tier free agent at any of those positions or use a first round pick on them)

I like your take on this. Although for offseason needs, I don't think we need another pass rush. Peppers may retire, but we still have Addison and Charles Johnson to play. Maybe pick up a rotational guy, but we don't need to try and get another premier guy. 

LT, C, WR, S -- completely agreed. I also think we need to find a developing back up QB for the future. I'm also not against taking another RB (possibly 3rd round, but settle for 5th). Stewart is on his last leg, and McCaffrey isn't a 3 down back. We need a future workhorse. I'm also not against drafting another CB because outside of Bradberry, we're pretty bad at covering the underneath game. Just my thoughts. 

Peppers has been a monster but for overall play I still think he's behind Bradberry, Luke and KK. He just doesn't play enough snaps to be considered the most valuable player on our D. 

And on offense, no one. McC and Cam haven't been that good and both may be our best players on O right now, which says a considerable amount about how sh*t we are.

Defense - hard to say. Peppers has balled out. but the unit wasnt the same without Kuechly and Coleman. Im gonna say Luke as MVP cus our defense is top 15 without him, and top 5 with him.

Offense - I really dont think there's an argument against Cam as MVP here. He's had his moments, but the closest player on offense in my mind is Funchess/Benji. They are kinda tied... or were :(

ST - Love what im seeing from Gano. he nearly shanked a kick at NE, and the one he missed there was blocked if i remember correctly. 

Archived