• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Half way through the season, who are the Panthers O and D MVPs?

Jeremy Igo

Defensively -- Peppers or TD. Peppers is playing out of his mind being 37 years old and still collecting 7.5 sacks. I would also argue TD because of his leadership without Kuechly being on the field and also playing through injury. His wife reported he's been playing with multiple broken ribs a few weeks ago, yet he's still playing at a high level. If that doesn't get credit, I don't know what else will..        

Offensively -- Call me crazy, but Greg Olsen. Yes, he's played one game; yes, he's been injured; yes, Cam should probably get this vote, but I think we really see what we're missing on offense. Ed Dickson has been a decent, inconsistent replacement for Greg, and Benjamin obviously didn't pan out to what we needed him to be with weight gaining, lack of being in shape, and the occasional stone hands. McCaffrey has done a decent job at filling in the "security blanket," role, but he's not Greg. Greg takes all the pressure off of Cam, knowing he's a top-notch blocker, and also being Cam's "go-to," guy when needed. We're 5-3, but if we have Greg to hold the fort down, is it possible we win an extra game or 2? The Philly game comes to mind where Greg could be the ultimate game changer.

Just my thoughts. Cam would get 2nd placed in the offensive voting, but I think it really shows how important Greg is for us.                                                                                                                                                                  

Special Teams: Palardy and Gano have both been excellent this year. I realize Butker was a better choice but can't fault Gano. 

Defense: Peppers, I'm not even factoring in his age he's just been that good when on the field. Luke had a bad game against Detroit and unfortunately with the concussion has not played enough.  

Offense: Cam. No doubt. We would be historically bad on offense without him. Yes he's thrown some picks this year but a lot of those have not been his fault.

CMC has played better as a WR than I anticipated but worse as RB. Now I think a lot of that has to do with subpar line play (Larsen and Trai suprisingly) and teams stacking the box against us. I certainly am not giving up on him as a RB like the national media has. 

Funchess has greatly improved this year but he still refuses to attack balls in the air. This is truly concerning because you need a #1 WR to do that. 

Matt Kalil has not been good, but he's been slightly better than he was in Minnesota which I suppose is a plus. 

This offseason our top needs are: Left Tackle, DE, C, WR, S (will not be mad if we target a top tier free agent at any of those positions or use a first round pick on them)

Pep has absolutely crushed it this year.  Def give him the nod over Luke right now.

Whew boy, that offense, hmmm.  Searching, searching, searching...

For lack of a better answer, it has to be Cam.  He’s the only thing that can make this O go.  He goes, we go.  He falls, we hurt.

Archived