• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I figured it out.

Jeremy Igo

All goes back to poor drafting.  Should've taken one or the other, or even neither at all.  I kept asking for someone who had refined skills at the position with some speed and ability to consistently get separation once Smitty was prematurely jettisoned.  It's what we missed by not having him.  I'd take a million of those guys before 1 big lumbering hulk who lacks average route running and adequate speed.  But, Gettleman loved him some hogmahllies, even if they played receiver.  With the type of guy i referred to, you can put them at any spot on the field, at any time.  That is ehat Cam has needed most.  Hopefully, more Samuels will help.

32 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

Brandon Beane was on Sirius NFL Radio Tuesday after the trade. He said he and Hurney discussed the possibility of the trade Monday. It didn’t appear to be a last minute offer/trade from his interview. 

But they couldn't actually, you know, get faster until the trade was finalized.  That's what I'm getting from all this.  As if it all was dependent on actually having someone call them and make an offer before they could change their approach.

16 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

But they couldn't actually, you know, get faster until the trade was finalized.  That's what I'm getting from all this.  As if it all was dependent on actually having someone call them and make an offer before they could change their approach.

What i get form it was that they wanted to get faster by putting faster guys on the field, but the optics of putting KB down on the bench  for some was too much. Whether because KB would diva because of that, or because the media would run some crap that KB was being benched because of rookies/ no names. I just don't see a way this kind of change could have been made without one or possibly both of those scenarios happening.

A change needed to be made. Whether that will hurt or benefit remains to be seen...but I think we all can agree our offense has been crap. 

1 minute ago, coralreefer_1 said:

What i get form it was that they wanted to get faster by putting faster guys on the field, but the optics of putting KB down on the bench  for some was too much. Whether because KB would diva because of that, or because the media would run some crap that KB was being benched because of rookies/ no names. I just don't see a way this kind of change could have been made without one or possibly both of those scenarios happening.

A change needed to be made. Whether that will hurt or benefit remains to be seen...but I think we all can agree our offense has been crap. 

Which goes back to my point, they knew or should've known (my mistake for assuming this crew had a clue) that their approach wasn't working last year.  This is not a new problem.   Make the change in the off-season or go get what you need during the trade deadline.  Hell they already had "faster" wr's than KB and Funchess on the team.  But no they couldn't switch things up because feelings.  Lamest excuse I've ever heard for incompetence.

16 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Which goes back to my point, they knew or should've known (my mistake for assuming this crew had a clue) that their approach wasn't working last year.  This is not a new problem.   Make the change in the off-season or go get what you need during the trade deadline.  Hell they already had "faster" wr's than KB and Funchess on the team.  But no they couldn't switch things up because feelings.  Lamest excuse I've ever heard for incompetence.

Agreed. I again refer you to the "optics" of such a move. Could they have? Of course. Should they have? OF course. But we all know the nature of this franchise. If KB had been dumped in the offseason, or otherwise benched in favor of people like Shep or Samual or even CMC...the blowback would have been far worse than it is now. Yet, 8 games in our offense has been mostly crap (injuries aside) and from their point of view a good time to make a move like this. If they had done it before it would just have been plain crazy. 8 games into the season and our offense can barely score, it becomes only "half" crazy

19 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

"The Book" says that you must keep doing the same thing over and over and over again until the players execute.

Either that or trade a player.

It's really not that difficult of a concept, yet everyone here has been losing their freaking minds. If the coaching staff/front office are convinced that they won't be resigning a player at the end of the season and they get a reasonable offer with draft picks, why not take it? A third is really a solid trade, and there is no guarantee that the Bills will finish the season well, contrary to some expert huddler opinions. 

Nailed it Igo!

I am and will continue to be a supporter of KB. With that said, he just doesn’t seem to have the heart or work ethic to be the #1 goto-dominant reciever we need. 

If he was going to step up, he would have shown that by now. It’s not happening, nor is there any indication anything will change. All I’d predict with KB in charlotte is more of the same.

Funchess on the other hand has shown consistent improvement and a hunger to succeed. I don’t think Funchess will be our #1, but he may surprise us over time, and I have no doubt that he will develop to be an elite #2.  

4 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

All goes back to poor drafting.  Should've taken one or the other, or even neither at all.  I kept asking for someone who had refined skills at the position with some speed and ability to consistently get separation once Smitty was prematurely jettisoned.  It's what we missed by not having him.  I'd take a million of those guys before 1 big lumbering hulk who lacks average route running and adequate speed.  But, Gettleman loved him some hogmahllies, even if they played receiver.  With the type of guy i referred to, you can put them at any spot on the field, at any time.  That is ehat Cam has needed most.  Hopefully, more Samuels will help.

Gettleman was obsessed with size, perhaps overcompensating. 

Archived