• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I figured it out.

Jeremy Igo

23 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Looks to me like the interior of the line is just incredibly bunched together alongside the RT - 7 total in blocking. You can make out three helmets in the grouping.

Right, except there are 4 Panthers in the tight bunch that are blocking.  If you zoom in you can see the right guard's black jersey.

So 3 receivers, 4 blockers in a bunch, Kalil blocking out by himself, 3 in the backfield-total of 11.

As for KB, I was shocked when I first read about it, and still question the timing. It remains to be seen if it will qork out. But I just have the feeling KB may flourish under a different coaching staff.  This could get interesting.

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

I really think this is Hurney having no confidence in our coaching staff.  I think the writing is on the wall that there will be a coaching change of some kind this off season.

Nah they won't, we will make the playoffs and lose in the first rd. They will be like oh well they got us to the playoffs that's all that matters. 

I would say it's normal for fans to get upset about a surprise trade at first. Sitting back and thinking in it, it makes sense to me. I just wish we did it earlier and used other picks to get Duane Brown... Are people really laughing at Igo changing an opinion after thinking about it for a couple days? Would you rather someone blindly stand beside their opinion and refuse to change it no matter what?

22 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I disagree on the “Funchess doesn’t have motivation issues.”

Motivation issues have been his biggest issue imo. Back to his TC presser he said “he had nothing to prove”, he comes across as having a similar mindset to Brandon LaFaell.

He doesn’t have that extra gear in him that is often found in the better players 

that was damiere byrd

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I understand why Kelvin and Devin on the field together in a 2 wide set makes zero sense. Totally agree with that. 

For instance.... this play. 

Untitled-1.jpg

Bucs could not be less concerned with their speed. That single safety hangs out in the middle of the field for a lifetime, knowing he won't have an issue making it to either of the Panthers receivers. They need a speed guy, totally understand and agree. 

My question was.... Why is it mandatory to have Kelvin and Devin both on the field? Can you honestly think of any other coaching staff in the NFL that is afraid to change this up? Are the coaches afraid of the players? How much effort would it take to swap either Kelvin or Devin for Samuel or Clay in this play? Seems like the easiest thing a coach could do. 

Marty Hurney said yesterday how difficult it was to find plays for Samuel. No it fuggin isn't. 

"13 you're out, 10 you're in. Don't like it? Tough poo, play better"

So what is the real issue here? 

I have concluded that the real issue is Kelvin's lack of motivation, historically.

If the Panthers thought Kelvin was a better receiver than Funchess, Funchess would not have been traded. Why? Because Funchess has it within him to get less reps and use it as motivation to get better. Funchess has never had motivational issues. 

Now, Kelvin on the other hand constantly shows up overweight and has always had issues giving 100% to begin with. It isn't difficult to find examples of this. Kelvin is a guy that plays football because physically he just can, not because he loves to. Marty Hurney made an effort to point out that Curtis Samuel loved the game and showed a great passion for football. This tells me that aspect of a football player has been on Marty's mind lately. 

Kelvin isn't a guy you can bench and expect to use it as motivation. Kelvin is a guy that gets benched and calls it a season. 

In other words, benching Kelvin would have the same net effect on the team as trading him. He just wouldn't be there anymore. So why not get a couple of draft picks out of him. 

Bottom line: Panthers feel Funchess is the better player and Kelvin would not have recovered mentally from being benched. And as much as I hate to say it, I agree with them. 

What the Panthers shuda done was throw the ball upto funch or benji and let them use their 6'4 frame to get the ball

57 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Then why did it take until Beane called for them to come to this realization?  This has been an issue since the 2016 season.  It didn't start with the Bucs game.   There were ample opportunities to change personnel in the off season and all the way up to the trade deadline.  They only had this epiphany when Beane called to acquire KB.  I'm calling BS.

My point exactly and why I think we have the stupidest offensive coaches in the league and throw in a GM with that too

Apparently Jordan Rodrique could teach a few of the Pa thers coaches about the route tree or lack thereof

....lol...there are clearly 11 players(on offense) in that picture....if you can't even see that then why should someone or anyone take anything you say regarding football seriously.....if you can't get a static picture right how can you abstract anything?

holy fug.....just.....wow....

31 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I would say it's normal for fans to get upset about a surprise trade at first. Sitting back and thinking in it, it makes sense to me. I just wish we did it earlier and used other picks to get Duane Brown... Are people really laughing at Igo changing an opinion after thinking about it for a couple days? Would you rather someone blindly stand beside their opinion and refuse to change it no matter what?

I don't think people are generally upset at someone changing their views/opinions after having some time to digest the situation.  I think it's more of how far they go to one end of the spectrum and then go all the way to the other side.  In other words, chill with the knee jerk reactions such as "I'm done being a Panthers fan, I'm going to become an "X" fan now!"  You would have thought we traded Luke for a 3rd round pick and nothing else with how some folks were reacting....

4 minutes ago, dpm0409 said:

I don't think people are generally upset at someone changing their views/opinions after having some time to digest the situation.  I think it's more of how far they go to one end of the spectrum and then go all the way to the other side.  In other words, chill with the knee jerk reactions such as "I'm done being a Panthers fan, I'm going to become an "X" fan now!"  You would have thought we traded Luke for a 3rd round pick and nothing else with how some folks were reacting....

Part of the reason why I don't even bother to post on the Huddle for a couple days after such an event. 

Most posters have no concept on how to set back and let it soak in before going on a rant that a couple days later, just looks completely freaking retarded.

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

Part of the reason why I don't even bother to post on the Huddle for a couple days after such an event. 

Most posters have no concept on how to set free and let it soak in before going on a rant and a couple days later and just looks completely freaking retarded.

Absolutely agree.  It used to kinda piss me off and bother me.  I guess mainly because I thought it was embarrassing...but now I just kinda kick back and enjoy it, lol

Just now, dpm0409 said:

Absolutely agree.  It used to kinda piss me off and bother me.  I guess mainly because I thought it was embarrassing...but now I just kinda kick back and enjoy it, lol

Modern society is full of these people that are incredibly entertaining just for the what the fuc value

Archived