• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC cannot chip linemen

Jeremy Igo

People love stats so much.  I've been impressed with CMC.  It's not his fault he's on an offense that struggles to move the ball and generate those statistics you look for.  Again, when things are this bad it matters very little who you have as individuals.  It's a team game.  The team on offense has not good.  While I hate losing KB I will say it took some balls to move him knowing how tough of a year it's been for him personally and how much he was loved by his teammates (Cam specifically.)  I'm in wait and see mode now as Samuels role increases significantly.  It's one thing to come in here and there to help out, but now the team says step up and be the guy.  Players will tell you there's a difference between the two situations for sure.  Samuel will practice this week knowing he's got to live up to a higher standard.  KB, best of luck to him but it's time to move on.

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

Which is why I'm confused as to why we can't get the running backs up to the second level. 

Because we don't let them suit up, we don't activate them on gameday, and when we do we run almost exclusively from the shotgun instead of allowing them to pick up speed and run behind a lead blocker.

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

He is the exact same weight and size as Hunt on KC.  He should be used the same way but our dumbass coaches can't seem to figure that out.

Hunt, Google : 201, NFL.com draft profile 216 , Cheifs website 208 , ESPN 216
McCaffrey , Google : 205 , NFL.com draft profile 202 ,  Panthrers.com 205 , ESPN 205 

Hmm I guess they are pretty simular in weight but just using the eyeball test they aren't built the same at all . You look at CMC in a locker room or on the field he just looks alot slimmer than all the other players . 

I think an extra 10 or 15 lbs could help, but real problem is probably not his weight but style of running he's been doing for forever, he's depended on speed and elusiveness and rarely has even tried to power through dudes. When he does,  he fails miserably while rushing the football. And Hunt just glides and bounces off defenders , I think its a difference of technique and playstyles that killing McCaffrey, of course along with pitiful oline blocking and playcalling. 

16 minutes ago, Clicheking said:

*Kalil still gave up a sack on the play

Yea im getting sick of us having shitty LTs . We likely wont be drafting high enough to get a good one next year either. I have no idea what might convince the staff to start Moton instead of Kalil or Silatolu . 

Flame all you want, but right now Christian McCaffery is the Panther's offensive MVP.

Despite ranking 21st in total offense, the Panthers rank 6th in total first downs and 4th in 3rd down conversion percentage.

And McCaffery is the main reason for those quite excellent First Down numbers.

If CmC can get a good angle to chip (and he often does, he’s pretty good at that) he can function perfectly well. If he’s asked to square up and block anybody competing with momentum, whether it’s a lineman or a db, he usually gets blown up. I do think he’ll learn and physically adjust to be able to handle that, but it is currently a bit of a concern. 

Archived