• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Psssst..., Hurney is GM , not interim GM

Jeremy Igo

If Marty Hurney is rehired as GM I’m going to struggle to be a real fan any longer. This goes waaay beyond any one, two or ten players. Rehiring Marty Hurney would be JR’s grandest “fug you” to the fans yet. I’d still be a casual fan, but I would have to divest myself of all that differentiates between real fans and casual fans. 

I expect the usual sanctimonious “you’re not a fan anyway” or “bandwagon” nonsense, but I’ve been a fan of this team since day one, crossing over into the die hard “real fan” investment of my time, money and emotions since about 2005.  There has never been a spiteful, obstinate thumbing of the nose to the fans from JR to the degree that rehiring Hurney would be. Not even close. Not during the lockout, not ever. I couldn’t in good conscience continue to support such a vile old piece of poo. I would return once he’s no longer making decisions for this team, however that may happen. 

5 hours ago, Ship said:

JR deserves to have this team fall apart now. He deserves to have Cam request a trade/leave. He deserves to have Luke retire. He deserves to be penalized with money and draft picks for circumventing the Rooney rule and hiring Hurney as a fraudulent "placeholder" when he is actually just the GM again.

JR deserves for this team to lose a ton of fans and wither away until he is dead. I hope he's capable of understanding the failure he is causing and the disdain his team's fans have for him and that it hurts him. He is an idiot.

fug him.

Yikes it's not that bad.  I wouldn't want my team to fail and lose fans no matter who the GM is

8 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

If Marty Hurney is rehired as GM I’m going to struggle to be a real fan any longer. This goes waaay beyond any one, two or ten players. Rehiring Marty Hurney would be JR’s grandest “fug you” to the fans yet. I’d still be a casual fan, but I would have to divest myself of all that differentiates between real fans and casual fans. 

I expect the usual sanctimonious “you’re not a fan anyway” or “bandwagon” nonsense, but I’ve been a fan of this team since day one, crossing over into the die hard “real fan” investment of my time, money and emotions since about 2005.  There has never been a spiteful, obstinate thumbing of the nose to the fans from JR to the degree that rehiring Hurney would be. Not even close. Not during the lockout, not ever. I couldn’t in good conscience continue to support such a vile old piece of poo. I would return once he’s no longer making decisions for this team, however that may happen. 

This is where I'm at right now.  I'm not going to invest anymore of my time and money in a hopeless franchise until it changes at the top.

It's the old shell game....bait and switch. Hard to respect a franchise and root for them when the owner doesn't respect the intelligence of the fans. I would rather we where told straight up that Hurney is the new GM instead of the bullsh%t story.

Fed up with the same garbage year after year with no direction toward. 

23 hours ago, The Righteous Troll said:

Hurney is definitely going to bring in one of the old scouts that went to another teams to replace Mark Koncz...wouldn't be suprised if it was Dan Morgan

Morgan would be an idiot to volunteer to join the incompetent and incestuous Carolina Panthers front-office.

Unless it entailed a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooot more money.

Archived