• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Psssst..., Hurney is GM , not interim GM

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, SCO96 said:

Anyone growing up in the 1970's probably remembers this scene from Good Times. All I can say is "Florida, we Huddle fanatics feel your pain". Hurney's being retained as GM in Carolina.

All I can say is "Damn, Damn, Damn"

nh2dhH.gif

Perfect gif use!

Just now, Cam El said:

Maybe this was JR's plan all along? Bring in someone like Gettleman, let them do the dirty work, clean house and fix the salary cap. Then bring Hurney back.

To screw it all up again? 

Yeah, it's possible this was the plan, but it's an incredibly stupid plan. 

3 hours ago, The Righteous Troll said:

This seems to be a trend now: Doug Waley in Buffalo, John Dorsey in Kansas City and of course Dave Gettleman. Let a lame duck GM sign free agents and draft then boot them after they are done. Whether full time GM or team president Hurney is probably going to return full time in some capacity unless the team just falls apart and goes 7-9 or 6-10 again.

Hurney is definitely going to bring in one of the old scouts that went to another teams to replace Mark Koncz...wouldn't be suprised if it was Dan Morgan

Dan Morgan was one of our best Panthers players before injuries plagued him whats wrong with bringing him in.

JR deserves to have this team fall apart now. He deserves to have Cam request a trade/leave. He deserves to have Luke retire. He deserves to be penalized with money and draft picks for circumventing the Rooney rule and hiring Hurney as a fraudulent "placeholder" when he is actually just the GM again.

JR deserves for this team to lose a ton of fans and wither away until he is dead. I hope he's capable of understanding the failure he is causing and the disdain his team's fans have for him and that it hurts him. He is an idiot.

fug him.

Hurney is a JOURNALIST, not a GM. Like Gettleman or not, it was the long overdue CHANGE in the franchise operations that helped sparked the SB appearance and direction of success. I didn’t love or hate Getty and I don’t think he was better than average. But he was different. He was capable. He had the guts and style this organization needed...he was a change from the decade plus of failures. I’d welcome another GM that wasn’t a yes man and has what we need even if it’s not Gertie.

I am not even mad at JR, I mean he looks like a fool at this point...he essentially rehired Hurney to replace the fired Hurney lol Gettle was never going to work out with JRs meddling. GM scouts were hired to find Gettle, for the first time in Panther history JR paid people to help him hire someone. JR went against their advice. Him confronting his shortcomings was the first step towards that 2015 year. But JR is a meddler...the best GM prospect makes no difference if he does not appease JR. JR is all business except when it comes to his feelings.

Just sit back and wait for a new owner it’s really all you can do.

Archived