• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney discusses the Kelvin Benjamin trade...

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Truth......also how bout Gettleman new the poo wasnt working HIMSELF and could have made a move in the off sesson before he was fired but he didnt because that would be admitting HE MADE A MISTAKE. 

Don't see how this flies over everyones head and anger directed at Hurney.

Also of note, the Panthers sell PSL's before the season starts. They already have ticket money in hand and no drop in actual attendance will force them to reckon with the fan base. 

Fine we get it. Ron and Hurney thinks we had two of the same style players and wanted something else. A little weird first to get that now but ok.... But if you you realize we have two, style wise alike players. Why not trade the worst away? Not the the best. 

KB is clearly the better player, and its not really that close.

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Did you discuss with Cam? 

No, did not run it by Cam. Hasn't spoken to Cam yet. Ron and I meet and Ron and I agreed to move forward. 

this is the only thing so far that is really concerning to me. you can legitimately make the case that this move will help the offense for a few various reasons. but even if that is the case, you bring in your $100M franchise QB first, explain the situation in a "come to Jesus" conversation, and get his input, or at least warn him. its the right thing to do. hell if youre gonna pay a man that much money to be the on-field leader of half your team, idk why you wouldnt include him in decisions like this. It would be like not asking Luke Kuechly if we should release Shaq Thompson. (Hurn-dog if youre reading this, please DO NOT release Shaq).

4 hours ago, mjligon said:

Samuel? Lol get real. Ron was just whining about giving him too much last week...now you’re giving him an even bigger/more important role? 

well... maybe Hurney is pulling a Gettleman and forcing Ron and Shula to use the other talent on our team. if that's the case, i cant say i disagree with the move. :/

4 hours ago, mjligon said:

I mean Philly is no world beater and there’s a reason he’s not on a roster, but it would a team least give us someone Cam has familiarity with and can also stretch the field.

We already have speed guys we should utilize better who have more upside than Philly. I loved him when he was here, but i would rather put it in the hands of Shepard, Samuel, CMC, and Byrd when he comes back from the IR list.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Trading away one of the better weapons we have, including as a run blocker when our run game is already stagnant for "more points now"... 

When did people suddenly start thinking KB was such a great run blocker? im sorry but last time i saw anyone say something about KB's run blocking, it was how horrible he was at it.

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

Is Byrd coming back this year?

maybe. from Panthers.com:

capture3.PNG.8ff4994962c841fbfacf215ca315f99a.PNG

4 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Also of note, the Panthers sell PSL's before the season starts. They already have ticket money in hand and no drop in actual attendance will force them to reckon with the fan base. 

at least until next year when its time for all those PSL's to be renewed. anyone wanna bet they see a drop in subscriptions?

4 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

this is the only thing so far that is really concerning to me. you can legitimately make the case that this move will help the offense for a few various reasons. but even if that is the case, you bring in your $100M franchise QB first, explain the situation in a "come to Jesus" conversation, and get his input, or at least warn him. its the right thing to do. hell if youre gonna pay a man that much money to be the on-field leader of half your team, idk why you wouldnt include him in decisions like this. It would be like not asking Luke Kuechly if we should release Shaq Thompson. (Hurn-dog if youre reading this, please DO NOT release Shaq).

well... maybe Hurney is pulling a Gettleman and forcing Ron and Shula to use the other talent on our team. if that's the case, i cant say i disagree with the move. :/

We already have speed guys we should utilize better who have more upside than Philly. I loved him when he was here, but i would rather put it in the hands of Shepard, Samuel, CMC, and Byrd when he comes back from the IR list.

When did people suddenly start thinking KB was such a great run blocker? im sorry but last time i saw anyone say something about KB's run blocking, it was how horrible he was at it.

maybe. from Panthers.com:

capture3.PNG.8ff4994962c841fbfacf215ca315f99a.PNG

at least until next year when its time for all those PSL's to be renewed. anyone wanna bet they see a drop in subscriptions?

Wait when were their more of the short term IR things? I though you can only use 1 per season

For the longest time on this forum I've been saying that I had no idea what Gettleman was trying to do with this team. I didn't understand his draft picks, his FAs, anything. Now it appears that the team wasn't put together properly because we don't have the correct WRs on the roster. Why did Gettleman let Ginn go? I'm not even going to get into it.

Here is my concern for the remainder of the season. We're 5-3. Is now the time to let Samuel (who plays like he weights 120 pounds soaking wet) learn and grow in our offense and develop chemistry with Cam? Couldn't we have traded for a veteran WR? Am I crazy? What is going on?

Archived