• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney discusses the Kelvin Benjamin trade...

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

Does it seem funny to you that just about all Cams buddies seem to have been traded away ecemtly to the bills..Maybe Mc dermont sees the value in these players and actually knows how to use them.

Or perhaps it's just that Marty Hurney doesn't. 

9 minutes ago, LaurenPanthers said:

Agreed. This is exactly how I feel too. Everyone figured the Panthers would be horrible in 2015 without weapons. Coupled with the awesome defense we have right now, I like the chances that this turns out okay. I've always thought Funch puts in more effort than KB (like turning into a defensive player if Cam throws a weird ball toward him... KB lets it float into the cornerback's hands instead). I can see the general logic, but it doesn't help Cam's fairly low morale at the moment...

One part of this I don't love is the idea that Samuel could emerge as a no 2 receiver. He hasn't done stellar so far but he's clearly learning... I just think it's a lot to put on him without a lot of evidence it's going to work out. I'd rather have them keep up with McCaffrey being a WR more than an RB and go from there. I'm sure that's also they're thinking after the first handful of games. 

Have your first piece of pie! Ha

LOL you can tell the dumb fans from a dumb franchise when they refer to 2015 like they did 2003 before. Anything that happened that one good year must happen again because the feebleminded can't put all the pieces together so they latch on to one specific thing as the "true" catalyst of why.

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Translation;  The coaches cannot figure out how to utilize the current roster to maximize production so I decided to trade what I see as the main obstacle to turning this around.

We can't control Cam on the field or get Shula to rotate KB and Funchess out so they are not on the field at the same time so I got rid of KB to force Shula and Cam to find other targets.

We couldn't figure out how to use Samuel and Shepard with KB on the team so I traded him as soon as I got an offer because that will allow us to use them more.

Sounds like a smart decision alright.

Nailed it

This is a solid move. 

It sucks for KB. I’m a KB fan and wish him much success. 

But, for what our needs were, he wasn’t a good fit. Like has been said, KB and Funchess are the same type of player.

Its time to bring in young blood and give them the chance to be awesome.

we cannot keep doing the same things and expect anything to change. ...

Archived