• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney discusses the Kelvin Benjamin trade...

Jeremy Igo

19 minutes ago, Udogg said:

If you say so. 

I think he was slow.  That he only got separation on busted coverage.  He had a low football I.Q.  and kept into every offseason out of shape and had to work himself back into shape.  He even did so on a contract (essentially) year. He was tied for worst in the entire league in separation so that meant Cam had to basically throw into coverage on most of his completions.  So if you can get and shape and be ready in a contract year......  

He could box out and had good hands but could easily be taken out of a game.  Teams did not roll coverage to his side.  Did not double team except lately on 3rd downs they have.  Dre Bly was talking about how the Saints and other teams did not fear him at all.   He basically did nothing that would force teams to change their defensive game plan in anyway.  But he is our "best" WR. 

Greg Olsen is by far  our best receiver in my opinion, followed by CMC, but if he is the best they we were fu$%$% anyway. 

Every thing you said can by repeated for Funchess. Except the fact Funchess gets less separation against second rate corners. Let’s not forget what Captain said last year about Funchess.

And your wrong in both fronts, teams did roll coverage to his side, and he was our most doubled player.

Danny Woodhead Jr is not even close to our best receiver, going up against linebackers only averaging 7 yards a receptions is horrible.

Just now, GoobyPls said:

Every thing you said can by repeated for Funchess. Except the fact Funchess gets less separation against second rate corners. Let’s not forget what Captain said last year about Funchess.

And your wrong in both fronts, teams did roll coverage to his side, and he was our most doubled player.

Danny Woodhead Jr is not even close to our best receiver, going up against linebackers only averaging 7 yards a receptions is horrible.

Exactly.  It can be repeated for Funchess but Funchess isn't due 8.4 million next year.  Isn't out of shape, run's better routes, and doesn't have the football I.Q. of a tomato. 

Dre Bly was on WFNZ (i think it's called) I was listeng to internet radio.  He was on the saints staff when they played us and is specifically stating that teams don't roll their coverage to KB anymore because he doesn't scare anyone.   It was said by another ex CB after the bears game as well, just can't remember who as of now. 

The double teams were more to the fact that KB was Newton's most trusted 3rd down option and they knew he would be the first read in that situation. 

Danny Woodhead Jr, would average a lot more if the passes were better tbh.  More on Cam imo watching the video's but doesn't matter to me either way. 

1 hour ago, Growl said:

Of all the cringey things he said, this is the worst one.

"Benji was just too talented to pull of the field, he had to go to make way for these inferior players."

Yup that's our stupid GM and the severe lack of intelligence is all around our FO now.

Here's the thing.  If Hurney is hair brained enough that he would trade away KB in order to "force" Ron and Shula to adapt and evolve the offense without them having to man up and hurt someone's feelings, then they are already failures at their jobs of leading men.  And if the end result is that they get canned, the Panthers are still without KB.  Fug Marty.

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Here's the thing.  If Hurney is hair brained enough that he would trade away KB in order to "force" Ron and Shula to adapt and evolve the offense without them having to man up and hurt someone's feelings, then they are already failures at their jobs of leading men.  And if the end result is that they get canned, the Panthers are still without KB.  Fug Marty.

Yeah if = they're not lol

3 minutes ago, Udogg said:

Exactly.  It can be repeated for Funchess but Funchess isn't due 8.4 million next year.  Isn't out of shape, run's better routes, and doesn't have the football I.Q. of a tomato. 

Dre Bly was on WFNZ (i think it's called) I was listeng to internet radio.  He was on the saints staff when they played us and is specifically stating that teams don't roll their coverage to KB anymore because he doesn't scare anyone.   It was said by another ex CB after the bears game as well, just can't remember who as of now. 

The double teams were more to the fact that KB was Newton's most trusted 3rd down option and they knew he would be the first read in that situation. 

Danny Woodhead Jr, would average a lot more if the passes were better tbh.  More on Cam imo watching the video's but doesn't matter to me either way. 

I was stunned when I first saw the news of this trade. After about an hour I began to under stand the rationale.

If I were GM, I don't think I would've had the nerve to pull this off. But, if the younger guys  (Byrd, Samuel ) can actually manage to stretch the field this could work, especially with Greg Olsen coming back later this year. Cam's best season occurred when he didn't have Benjamin for the entire year.

I definitely don't think KB is worth 8mil a year in our offensive scheme. I don't think it would have been wise to sign him to a longer term deal after the 2018 season. With the extra picks and cap space, we should be able to address the holes on this team in the off season.

I do wish KB well. He's been thru a lot the past couple of years. I hope he balls out up in Buffalo.

Archived