• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney discusses the Kelvin Benjamin trade...

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

I cried when I walked into my closet and seen my KB Jersey...I will just get a personalized jersey from this point on.... I don’t get the moves we make at times. I’m still trying to wrap my mind about this one. 

Felt that way about my Jon Beason/Julius Peppers Jersey.  However turned the beason into an ICE up son jersey.   And the Peppers jersey back in rotation.   Just keep the faith my friend. 

1 minute ago, GoobyPls said:

It’s both their issue. Gettleman is an idiot and Hurney is a moron

Their is no debate, he was our best receiver 

If you say so. 

I think he was slow.  That he only got separation on busted coverage.  He had a low football I.Q.  and kept into every offseason out of shape and had to work himself back into shape.  He even did so on a contract (essentially) year. He was tied for worst in the entire league in separation so that meant Cam had to basically throw into coverage on most of his completions.  So if you can get and shape and be ready in a contract year......  

He could box out and had good hands but could easily be taken out of a game.  Teams did not roll coverage to his side.  Did not double team except lately on 3rd downs they have.  Dre Bly was talking about how the Saints and other teams did not fear him at all.   He basically did nothing that would force teams to change their defensive game plan in anyway.  But he is our "best" WR. 

Greg Olsen is by far  our best receiver in my opinion, followed by CMC, but if he is the best they we were fu$%$% anyway. 

2 minutes ago, NAS said:

I hate JR for letting Beane go to the Bills.  No we have to deal with this nonsense.

Beane wasn't staying here regardless. He knew he would have very limited control being JR's "yes" man. He knows this franchise is dysfunctional.

My issues: 

1. Whoever said we had to ALWAYS play KB & Funch together on the outside? Shouldn't Off Coordinator have different groupings and pairings? Why did we have to trade away our best WR so that we could utilize different WRs? 

2. I hate that ppl get sucked into the whole "Marty talked to us I feel better. DG never talked to us." Marty talking to us doesn't take away from the fact he has historically made bad moves. 

3. Chemistry is huge and we have had a ton of distractions. All of them are self inflicted like this one. 

32 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

say what you will about Marty, and I despise him, he is accountable and will face the fans....Gman always waited till the end of the season for his state of the union address.

He is not accountable.  I don't really care about radio shows, interviews, facing the crowd, or having things explained to me.  Success on the field is the only thing that matters.  Him coming on a radio show and explaining doesn't mean squat if we don't have that success.  Lack of success should get him fired (well actually it should have never gotten him rehired), but it wont.   

Just now, Castavar said:

Beane wasn't staying here regardless. He knew he would have very limited control being JR's "yes" man. He knows this franchise is dysfunctional.

I'm beginning to think that this is the case.  With the front office in shambles the way it is leads me to believe that JR is the main problem.   Remove him and maybe the new owner will hire a competent staff for a change.  Until then this is what you will see.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Sounds to me like Hurney is taking a page out of Dave's book. Only way to get the coaching staff to play younger or new players is to get rid of the old ones. With that said Im not saying it was good timing or the right move. 

Which would suggest that the coaching staff is so incompetent that the GM has to force roster decisions and that the owner is protecting the coaches from dismissal.

35 minutes ago, dpm0409 said:

This is the most logical thing I have read on the Huddle in the last 18 hours or so.....not saying this will be a situation like 2015, but it is the perfect example of how 95% of people thought we were completely screwed and it turned out the exact opposite.  The point is you never really know what to expect in today's NFL.  It's definitely weird timing and everything, but I'm not gonna freak out and will also withhold final judgment for a while.

I'm not even sure that the timing is all that weird. We're still in contention for the playoffs, thanks to our defense, but the offense can't get out of it's own way. Something big was needed to shake things up. While most of us would have preferred Shula being shown the door, this move definitely qualifies as something big. Plus, if we can survive the next 2 games, we have Olsen back as big, reliable receiver. Maybe, with Dickson's larger role, we really are looking at a possible 2 TE plan (take a cold shower Sanjay :)). 

I do think that Marty got fleeced in the deal.  He basically traded a # 28 pick for a upper 80's pick next year. Part of me wonders if this is a "fug you Gettleman" move.

Archived