• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney discusses the Kelvin Benjamin trade...

Jeremy Igo

18 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Was not shopping Kelvin, but the opportunity came. Not a move for the future, a move to try to get more points now. 

Trading away one of the better weapons we have, including as a run blocker when our run game is already stagnant for "more points now"... 

Oy. 

And as I've already said, teams that were not feeling threatened and our pass game to back off have even less reason to worry now. 

18 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Did you discuss with Cam? 

No, did not run it by Cam. Hasn't spoken to Cam yet. Ron and I meet and Ron and I agreed to move forward. 

24 hours later and still  hasn't spoken to Newton about trading away his good friend and security blanket...

Yeah, that's wise. 

11 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

Couldn't listen so I don't know his voice tone but all his statements hold water and sound well thought out. Will await final judgement until we see how the offense responds.

This is the most logical thing I have read on the Huddle in the last 18 hours or so.....not saying this will be a situation like 2015, but it is the perfect example of how 95% of people thought we were completely screwed and it turned out the exact opposite.  The point is you never really know what to expect in today's NFL.  It's definitely weird timing and everything, but I'm not gonna freak out and will also withhold final judgment for a while.

If we bring back some has been from years gone by, we will truly be bottoming out. We will be looking up at rock bottom.

We finally rid ourselves of that horrible era only for us to ship Benji out and get the gang back together?

Please no. I can't take anymore.

12 minutes ago, Growl said:

Of all the cringey things he said, this is the worst one.

"Benji was just too talented to pull of the field, he had to go to make way for these inferior players."

He was just too talented to bench... 

... so we traded him. 

Marty Hurney, ladies and gentlemen. 

Just now, Pimpdaddy said:

say what you will about Marty, and I despise him, he is accountable and will face the fans....Gman always waited till the end of the season for his state of the union address.

There's an old proverb about the virtue of keeping your mouth shut versus saying something stupid. 

Hurney is an example of this. 

This BS has stink all over it.

We get rid of our best receiver, to get lesser players on the field.

If we want to score more points, how about our OC draw up better blocking schemes to get our RBs some holes and help out our passing game.

OMG I'm so pissed what a freaking clown show we have at the moment.

Archived