• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney discusses the Kelvin Benjamin trade...

Jeremy Igo

That was brutal. His voice just really pisses me off.

Also glad to hear that Cam was let know if this after the trade was finalized (sarcasm). And not even by Marty, but by Ron.

Samuel? Lol get real. Ron was just whining about giving him too much last week...now you’re giving him an even bigger/more important role? 

Also the next WR move- who in the world could that be smh.

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Re: the strange timing

Reducing someones role is a hard thing to do, especially receivers. Doesn't know if he could have reduced KB's role. We are hoping that guys can step up. 

Of all the cringey things he said, this is the worst one.

"Benji was just too talented to pull of the field, he had to go to make way for these inferior players."

Translation;  The coaches cannot figure out how to utilize the current roster to maximize production so I decided to trade what I see as the main obstacle to turning this around.

We can't control Cam on the field or get Shula to rotate KB and Funchess out so they are not on the field at the same time so I got rid of KB to force Shula and Cam to find other targets.

We couldn't figure out how to use Samuel and Shepard with KB on the team so I traded him as soon as I got an offer because that will allow us to use them more.

Sounds like a smart decision alright.

1 minute ago, bigdog10 said:

Is Philly Brown on an nfl roster currently, if not that is who the additional receiver should be. Philly and Cam had chemistry and he was good at stretching the field. 

Mac mentioned Philly during the interview but Hurney was non-commital (as he should be on air).

I mean Philly is no world beater and there’s a reason he’s not on a roster, but it would a team least give us someone Cam has familiarity with and can also stretch the field.

He’s probably the best option at this point.

Just now, mjligon said:

Mac mentioned Philly during the interview but Hurney was non-commital (as he should be on air).

I mean Philly is no world beater and there’s a reason he’s not on a roster, but it would a team least give us someone Cam has familiarity with and can also stretch the field.

He’s probably the best option at this point.

I agree. If he’s added he probably becomes our number 2 (yikes) just based on his rapport with Cam. 

Archived