• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney discusses the Kelvin Benjamin trade...

Jeremy Igo

55 minutes ago, ras977 said:

What bothers me the most, as other posters have pointed out, the lack of planning.

Reaction to a Bills call-OK trade Benjamin--no great loss, but to salvage this season, how about getting on the phone & getting a TY Hilton  this year.

Pathetic.

There wasn't time. By all accounts this came together quickly right before the deadline. The Bills initiated this. There was no plan to move Benji, no calling a couple of other receiver needy teams to gauge value or drive up the price. Just doing a solid for his old buddy Beane. Once the deal the done, there wasn't time to call another team and make a trade.

8 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

We have talked about this for months. 

We have 2 receivers with same skill set playing X and Z. Believes you have to have different skill sets on the field as far as a bigger receiver and guy that can spread the field. 

My biggest gripe with this situation is the idea that your offensive play caller is so inept that he can't discern this on his own, but you don't fire him. You let him run into the same brick wall every week and hope he just "gets it." Instead, the realization never comes and in order to force him to diversify his playcalling you give up an asset and get nothing tangible in return. Nobody was forcing him to run these two players as WR1 and WR2. 

You're trying to make a playcaller less stupid by taking AWAY options rather than giving him more. Let me know how that goes. 

3 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo comes hard for Cam next year their loaded in draft picks and could handle his contract 

Crossed my mind that he will want outta here soon.  Hurney is a team destroyer and he knows it.

39 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo comes hard for Cam next year their loaded in draft picks and could handle his contract 

Tyrod Taylor has been playing well.  If I am McD the smart move is just keep him and draft a QB to develop.

Archived