• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We should have seen this coming

Steves89

...when Rivera said CAP would replace CMC on passing downs.  I think that should have signaled that KB or someone else at WR was leaving. It has been clear that we’ve been utterly predictable on offense and that CMC telegraphs that we are passing. But he sucks at pass blocking. We also know that CMC is the best route runner and has the best hands on the team after Greg.

this is all a way of saying that I think the team is moving CMC to wr or at least wants him to play there in a more meaningful way and make room for CAP to get touches at RB. 

I don’t know that I like this. I think it’s stupid because we could just substitute and keep kB as an asset. But I like the idea that we might become marginally less predictable on offense and get CAP more touches. What do you think?

this was my first thread. I’m honestly intimidated by some of your insights but I didn’t see this posted so I wanted to throw it out there and see what smarter people thought. 

1 hour ago, Steves89 said:

...when Rivera said CAP would replace CMC on passing downs.  I think that should have signaled that KB or someone else at WR was leaving. It has been clear that we’ve been utterly predictable on offense and that CMC telegraphs that we are passing. But he sucks at pass blocking. We also know that CMC is the best route runner and has the best hands on the team after Greg.

this is all a way of saying that I think the team is moving CMC to wr or at least wants him to play there in a more meaningful way and make room for CAP to get touches at RB. 

I don’t know that I like this. I think it’s stupid because we could just substitute and keep kB as an asset. But I like the idea that we might become marginally less predictable on offense and get CAP more touches. What do you think?

this was my first thread. I’m honestly intimidated by some of your insights but I didn’t see this posted so I wanted to throw it out there and see what smarter people thought. 

I understand what you're getting at, but have to counter your second point: CMC is actually a pretty good pass blocker.

1 hour ago, PantherNation123 said:

I understand what you're getting at, but have to counter your second point: CMC is actually a pretty good pass blocker.

I want to revisit Rivera’ statement on it. I may have misread it. My understanding though was that it related to pass blocking on passing downs. TBH I’m just looking forward to CAP getting some more playing time. It’s the small silver lining I see in this bizarre situation. 

9 minutes ago, Steves89 said:

I want to revisit Rivera’ statement on it. I may have misread it. My understanding though was that it related to pass blocking on passing downs. TBH I’m just looking forward to CAP getting some more playing time. It’s the small silver lining I see in this bizarre situation. 

Yeah CAP has looked good in his limited reps.  I too want him on the field more

11 hours ago, Steves89 said:

Ron was more worried that CMC was taking too much of a beating in pass blocking. Didn’t want him to wear down.

16 hours ago, Steves89 said:

Thats why 90% are going WTF Carolina.. They all saw it coming..Lets kill the season.

I also wonder where fozzy and his injury fit in with this. If he were healthy, he might take on some of the role cmc had and make cmc’s increased role at WR a little smoother. Then again, this coaching staff will never let CAP see the field with a healthy fozzy around. 

Archived