• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Three Thoughts...

Jeremy Igo

This move would not bother me as much if we had a coaching staff that looked competent. I do not trust that they will make any adjustments at all based on current personnel. I would stick CMC/Shepard in the slot and Funchess/Samuel out wide. However, I think we are just going to get more of the same ole same ole from Shula. 

10 minutes ago, coralreefer_1 said:

Cam makes plays in 2 different ways. Passing and running. Being a QB and the leading rusher gives him a different kind of safety net. Let me make it simple for you. Cam makes plays when we need them. KB and others haven't. 

Wasn’t Kelvin named one of the most clutch receivers in the league a couple weeks ago.

KB has come up huge in the critical situations for us this year 

16 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Wasn’t Kelvin named one of the most clutch receivers in the league a couple weeks ago.

KB has come up huge in the critical situations for us this year 

And yet he was traded away. So what do those stats mean? He is not a part of this team anymore. How much of a fugup that move was remains to be seen. If he were that "clutch" in the eyes of people that make far more money than you or I to make football decisions this would never have happened.

That Chicago game did him in as far as I am concerned.

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Actually, I think that management is looking for players with the killer instinct, which is something we are lacking this season.

How about coaches with killer instinct first?  You can have all the players with killer instinct you want, if you have coaches that are afraid to use them it won't matter.

For example, in Rivera's first season (with the offense under Chud), Steve Smith had 1394 receiving yards and 7 TDs.

Rivera's second season (still under Chud)? 1174 and 4.

Rivera's third season (offense now under Shula)? 745 and 4.

Rivera's fourth season (still Shula)?  Smitty gone.  (Anyone who still thinks that move was all Dave Gettleman, I have some seafront property in New Mexico to sell them.  Ron was in it up to his elbows and he allowed DG to take all the heat for it.)

Ron likes his players soft, plush, cushy, and safe.  Just like him.

Re: this not being a typical "interm" GM move. I agree. 

BUT 

I got to thinking and the optimist in me (who is praying with everything I have that Hurney is not hired as permanent) that what if....

This wasn't a Hurney decision at all. It was more of a coaches decision in that the coaches are fed up with Kelvin underperforming/inconsistent/whatever. So Hurney knew the Panthers were going to part ways with Kelvin, regardless of a new GM's choice because the organization was ready to move on. 

Any way you look at it I would love for us to sign Jarvis Landry this offseason, or draft a WR in round 1 this year. 

Just now, coralreefer_1 said:

What was awful? the ball hit this "clutch" receiver in the hands as you say. He didn't catch it.

Cam barely set his feet, locked onto Kelvin who wasn’t in a position to even catch the ball to begin with. And the defender hit the ball before Kelvin can get his handsome on it 

1 hour ago, ThPantherFan said:

Cam also?

I mean he's basically been our offense this season more often than not.

Where do people like this come from? I mean they clearly don't watch the games, so why even bother showing up with crap like this?

3 hours ago, sanjay_rajput said:

If we get Nick Chubb out of this it’s definitely worth it !

DOES IT F'ING MATTER IF THERE ARE NO HOLES TO RUN THROUGH? If Stewart can't get through our line, Nick Chubb isn't going to fare much better. Outside of one run against Appalachian State's vaunted defensive line, Chubb averaged about 3 YPC. I would expect that number to drop significantly behind our offensive line. Not to mention, Hurney would draft Chubb, and once contract time came, give both CMC and Chubb $40 million contracts. 

Archived