• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Speaks...

Jeremy Igo

For those that were happy gettleman was gone enjoy this.  I’ve never seen a 5-3 team making a playoff/super bowl run trade there top WR.  Ever!  This is beyond stupidity.  We literally could have let KB walk and got a comp third rounder in the same vicinity.  This was a bigger fleecing then people want to admit!  Welcome back Marty Hurney you fuging loser!

Fact: We got good compensation for KB.

Fact: We didn't get anybody to replace him.

Opinion: The answer is on our roster

Opinion: The offense will be better without Cam forcing KB the ball.

Reality: Who knows but this can't be good for team morale. We seem to love distractions this year.

Many of the Panthers fan may not like it, but trading Benjamin was the right thing too do. And to be honest they got more for him than he was worth. Personally I got tired of watching KB run half-ass routes, never fight for position and most of all NEVER offer ANYTHING in terms of yards after the catch. KB was tackled immediately after making a catch on more that 90% of his catches. 

Cons: There aren't many. 1) The Panthers will miss KB size in the redzone; but Funchess will make up for that. 

Pros: KB's absence will mean that more speed will be on the field and with a player who can run more routes. KB basically ran slants, outs and fades.  /  Possible better situational awareness from whoever lines up at wideout. / Possibly replaced by a player that defense will respect in terms of their ability to stretch the field. 

* This is a blessing in disguise for the Panthers. The only time defenses feared (Too strong of a word) KB was in the redzone. Personally I think the offense will be better for it and allow Shula to call some plays he never could for KB.   

The most ironic thing is that while Benjamin was not as good as we hoped he would be, he is better than any Wide Receiver that Hurney ever drafted.  And Hurney had 8 or 9 years.  During that 8 or 9 years, our picks under Hurney were as follows

Keary Colbert

Drew Carter

Armanti Edwards

Dwayne Jarret

Ryne Robinson

Brandon Lafell

David Gettis

Keahola Pilares

Not exactly an awe inspiring list.  Only one of them had anything approaching a decent career (Lafell).  I am fairly certain I could do better than that just by picking names out of a hat.

1 hour ago, NCFINEST said:

I mean Cam did take us to the Super Bowl without Benji. I think It will force cam to spread that ball around...Lets be honest Benji ran terrible routes lacked work ethic and he was a horrible blocker.. We just miss his potential....

1 hour ago, Panfan35 said:

This is awesome I just said yesterday this needs to happen. No more forced passes to KB Cam had his best season without him I don’t know why you guys are upset. This move makes our team better

These statements don't hold water.You're guessing at best. No. Just no. In 2015 we didn't have 2 rookies and a gun shy Funchess with no YAC. WR's that don't get any separation and in no way help Cam. We had Ginn and Cotchery and Brown. All really good route runners that could get separation and give Cam a target. You're comparing apples to oranges.

1 hour ago, Krovvy said:

I thought those questions were answered in 2015, when he became a ghost behind Tedd Ginn and Jericho Cotchery.

Absolutely!!

8 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

These statements don't hold water.You're guessing at best. No. Just no. In 2015 we didn't have 2 rookies and a gun shy Funchess with no YAC. WR's that don't get any separation and in no way help Cam. We had Ginn and Cotchery and Brown. All really good route runners that could get separation and give Cam a target. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Absolutely!!

We also had a defense that lead the league in Interceptions.  That was a big part of the success of our offense.  

Archived