• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Speaks...

Jeremy Igo

On 10/31/2017 at 1:57 PM, OneBadCat said:

I knew you would say this.

The only way this trade looks good is if Funchess is the next TO.

Don't think he has to be TO. But I'd say it's a safe bet it's what the coaches are banking on. If Funchess steps up and is a level above Benjamin production wise, which I don't think is impossible, then it will turn out to be a good move.....Time will tell. But for sure a gamble.

Back when we lost Julius Peppers, the most common rationalization was that Peppers was lazy and took plays off. Based on that, people said we could be better without him.

Some of these posts remind me a lot of that. 

Benjamin isn't as good now as Peppers was then, but if we have a better receiver on the roster, I'd love for someone to name them.

This is just not good. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Back when we lost Julius Peppers, the most common rationalization was that Peppers was lazy and took plays off. Based on that, people said we could be better without him.

Some of these posts remind me a lot of that. 

Benjamin isn't as good now as Peppers was then, but if we have a better receiver on the roster, I'd love for someone to name them.

This is just not good. 

Not good and makes absolutely no sense. Like no matter what excuse you come up with this makes no sense. 

What is happening? Unbelievable.  Here's the thing, if we had gotten an immediate player to fill a hole at either O Line, RB (we're all thinking it),  or WR this would be at least justifiable.  But instead we get rid of our no 1 WR.  This move shows me management is either convinced we can't win this year and is planning ahead, OR...oh wait....i just had a thought that makes this look like a smart move.... I need to think about this more before I post anything.

I am so on the fence with this trade.  KB had his moments and was a good target for Cam but I cannot help but think what Cam did without KB in 2015.  Maybe Cam relied on him too much and this is a good move.  It could be a back breaker but if we weren't going to retain him then getting a third and a seventh round pick for him isn't so bad.

Funchess has improved this year and maybe moving into KBs role he'll improve more.  Getting Samuel on the field more should happen.  There is the speed everyone is fussing about. 

I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks whether this move kills us or helps us.

I will wait for judgment in a couple of weeks.  Reacting negatively right now just doesn't seem to be the right thing to do.

Everyone here complains that our WRs can’t get separation. Panthers have speed but these players haven’t been able to get on the field and now they can. I don’t like the timing of the move but I’ll reserve judgment for a couple weeks and let’s see if our speed improves. 

From the move it sounds like Panthers had no plan to sign KB long term to a big money contract and I can’t say I blame them. 

Archived