• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Speaks...

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

The one in Detroit hit him in the hands on a curl route I believe.

Philly he had an opportunity to make a play downfield... nothing 

Tampa, was not difficult, the ball hit him right in the damn hand. 

Everyone keeps saying he’s this “playmaker” that needs opportunities but when he’s had opportunities he hasn’t done sh!t.

Yea there is more reason to hate on Samuel than CMC and people have no issues with talking about our leading receiver now....

5 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

We traded away Benji to add speed onto the field with guys already on the roster. How does this make any sense? Why not just fire Shula and Ron and get it over with since they weren't putting the right players on the field evidently

Maybe he doesn't have the authority to fire them maybe it's someone above his pay level

1 hour ago, Fox007 said:

Yea there is more reason to hate on Samuel than CMC and people have no issues with talking about our leading receiver now....

What? CMC has absolutely no excuses... he get more touches than almost anyone in the league and has nothing to show for it really... he was the 8th pick in the draft. his is on a failing course...let go the love dude.

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

The one in Detroit hit him in the hands on a curl route I believe.

Philly he had an opportunity to make a play downfield... nothing 

Tampa, was not difficult, the ball hit him right in the damn hand. 

Everyone keeps saying he’s this “playmaker” that needs opportunities but when he’s had opportunities he hasn’t done sh!t.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/curtis-samuel/ all i am seeing is one drop outside of the fumble dude...

4 hours ago, csx said:

Ireelevant. He is those things.

If Newton wasn't the same how good would he be? How good would Shaquille  Oneill have been if he wasn't big?

It is relevant and yes I don't really think Cam would be Cam without his size. ( he is a package with both though) I feel like when you have size and strength and natural ability on your side you don't spend as much time on technique and getting things like the basics down.  People that do are revered as legends and greats. And that's not just with sports that's with a lot of things,  people have natural crutches  and it's not meant as an insult but to pretend like size/ natural ability DONT  MAKE people feel a little less inclined to practicE IS BOLOGNA.  Like me in school the subjects that I am naturally more gifted at and have an easier understanding of  I study less because I don't need to study as much for that class. KB  probably has MANY things that wouldn't hurt improve but is hidden by size and ability.  as he gets older and he cannot use it as much,  he may become less and less efficient.  And the same with Cam there's a lot of errors and an assortment of things that are covered up by his natural God-given abilities,  it ain't necessarily the end of the world but people who don't know the basics  don't last as long because once their natural ability fades and or  that can no longer navigate them to the promised land. it is up to the basics and knowledge and know-how to compensate but when you don't have that what do you have /do.  I'm not saying this is a definite but it's something that  is NOT AN unnecessary thought. Sometimes you want the underdogs because they work harder on technique than anything  BECAUSE they have to have it down or else they won't make it.

On 10/31/2017 at 1:52 PM, Saca312 said:

Still think it's actually a good move imo. I'll explain more later.

Believe it or not this offense just got better. 

I tend to agree....It's not like Benjamin lights it up. Heck,  he's only had a handful of 100 yd receiving games, and has never had back to back 100 yd receiving games.  YES, I realize part of that is the offensive struggles as a whole, but Benjamin is basically a possession receiver. This move forces Cam to  find more options the way he did in 2015. Doesn't matter if we don't have Ginn or Cotchery. I'm not sold on Benjamin being the kind of #1 receiver a franchise needs. And at first he looked promising... Was he REALLY a difference maker??.....I think we all know the answer to that. I may have thought differently if I knew he had a work ethic that elite receivers typically have. But again, we know that he didn't HERE. Benjamin should have had games where he just took over, much like Calvin Johnson did A LOT. If only occasionally. But we never saw that "next level" in Benjamin. I liked Benjamin, don't get me wrong. If we had a true #1 threat that was a big time player like Smith used to be, then Benjamin would have been a great #2 possession receiver much like Musin Muhammed used to be........Someone on this team at receiver has to step up and become a REAL play maker. Is it on this team?? Maybe, maybe not (time for Funchess to prove himself).....But it didn't appear that Benjamin was eager or willing to step up to that next level.....He  still could in Buffalo, guess we'll see......JMO of course.

Archived