• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles just got better.

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

It seems like Hurney would want to make a splash trade. 

Do work Hurney! We’re bored!

Marty Hurney doesn't benefit from rocking the boat and putting his fingerprints on this team. His primary concern is locking down the GM position long term. 

2 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

According to some Dolphins insiders Ajayi knees are fugged. And they don’t see him lasting more than 2 seasons

That was always the pre-draft knock on him tho, it's NO secret around the league that his knees will shorten his career. He fell to the 5th because of it. 

8 minutes ago, Growl said:

Marty Hurney doesn't benefit from rocking the boat and putting his fingerprints on this team. His primary concern is locking down the GM position long term. 

Which could arguably best be done by not taking chances with a team that, for the moment, has a winning record. 

33 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Blockbuster: The #Dolphins are trading RB Jay Ajayi to the #Eagles.

per Rapoport.

Could be their year, huh?

If we barely lost to them despite trying to give the game away to them with offensive turnovers as well as us being much better later in the year in Rivera's history, then I'm honestly not all that worried about seeing them in the playoffs. They're beatable. The team that worries me most in the NFC to be honest is the Vikings. They've been winning games handily with Case freaking Keenum at QB. If they get Bradford OR Bridgewater healthy they'll be a serious threat this year with that D and a well coached offense.

14 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

Maybe I remember incorrectly, but didn't Ajayi fall in the draft due to a degenerative knee? I loved him coming out of Boise State but doctors gave him 4 years before it'd start breaking down. 

Sometimes they're right sometimes they're wrong didn't "doctors" say Star had a abnormal heart beat that turned out to b nothing for us to worry about. Four years of good production is good for a fourth or fifth (his draft round) pick imo.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Which could arguably best be done by not taking chances with a team that, for the moment, has a winning record. 

Or by making a splash trade to put us over the edge (although riskier, would be more beneficial to his case than simply staying put).

24 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

Ion know if that's up in the air he took back yo back tackles worked out after that 3 dbs same draft retarded. CMC and Samuels should gotten one and a safety or better de help that Sanjay TE would be ideal these days also picked Butler in the first when tackles were still out strong point can't be made into a good thing no matter what he wasn't a dominate beast coming out like a but we all knew those last years we really need a safety. He made poor choices drafting  but was solid at finding talent all throughout like udfa 

http://S-OHNs.gif

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

a nice sentiment but demonstrably ineffective when looking at our trophy case in comparison to teams like new England that improve at every opportunity.

You're correct though, Hurney already has his claim in place. When the Panthers win it all this year, he'll point to the return of players he drafted as key contributors. Should, and I sincerely rebuke this, that not happen, Hurndawg will trot out the ole "well it was largely my predecessors team."

So, yes Scot, correct, his concern isn't with maximizing the talent on the roster, its with getting his old job back.

Archived