• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Defensive Ranking

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Murph said:

Saints D ranked 20th. I believe that will eventually be their undoing. They host Tampa's 4th ranked offense this weekend. I'll be curious to see if they can slow them down.

That isn't that simple since Winston has a injured shoulder still and he made some mistakes when playing against us and that might give Saints a moral booster and they win which we don't need.

9 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

Our defense let up big points against the better QBs we have played (Brady, Stafford, Brees, Wentz) , so I think some of our defensive stats are a bit misleading. I'm curious to see how they perform against ATL on Sunday, and against the Saints at their place later in the season.  I'd be more impressed if they could hold these great QBs to under 20 points in a game , but that's yet to happen. 

Offense and Defense has no meaning with any team unless that team is hungry and comes to play for a "WIN"..

The defense is good no doubt, but it's a bit overrated this year I think.  Just having watched them I don't think they're quite as good as the stats suggest.

2013, when we legit had the 2nd best defense in the league, that defensive unit was a legit monster compared to this one.  Of course, it was 2nd only to the historically good Seahawks defense that year.

Maybe the league is filled with a bunch of mediocre defenses this year and we really are 2nd best, I dunno... but just the level they're playing at right now isn't the type of defense that's going to carry you through the playoffs with the poo show at offense we're displaying right now.

Archived