• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sack numbers...

Jeremy Igo

19 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Addison has the quietest 5 sacks ever. I hardly ever hear his name brought up.

I was just going to say that. That is the biggest surprise on this list. I would have guessed 2 at-most. Addison seems to always come on really strong as the season progresses, too. Could just be due to more snaps played but I like the idea of a surging Addison paired with Peppers.

Johnson is basically done.   He has like 2 solo tackles and 8 combined.    You can tell the last 2-3 years he's dropped off FAST.     I agree with poster above, when he got the encroachment penalty it's the first I've heard of him this year, doing anything.      It's a good thing we brought in Peppers.

1 hour ago, I'm the Mike said:

59f85578280c1_CharlesJohnson.PNG.e30178b3579f84fe0ae7f3cd110156bc.PNG

Had to check his stats to find out the facts. Do we really need 4 assisted tackles? We could put Wes Horton out there or poo...Put vernon 1st round pick butler out there to stop the run and get more reps.

Too bad Hall isn't healthy...I have a feeling he would have taken a lot of snaps away from Johnson this year.  Either way, we need to upgrade at DE for sure through the draft next year.  It is great having Pep out there and he has been phenomenal, but we will be lucky to get another season or two out of him.  

51 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

CJ should've retired at the end of last season. He does nothing for this defense. He over runs ball carriers, he gets called for encroachments. If anything he just hinders us.

You dont retire till no one is willing to pay you anymore. you got to collect them checks while you still can. 

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

He would have been by now. 

Victim of the Hurney IR itch. 

To be fair we really do not know what Hall was dealing with and what his prognosis was.  He could not get on the field during camp or preseason, and kept having issues.  He might have suffered another setback or the training staff felt it was best to put him on the shelf.  We just don't know.  

I think when we cut CJ that one time....we shouldn't of brought him back.  Bringing him back to a degree forced us not to have to really deal with the position big picture.   I mean look at next year, we will most likely be crazy thin at DE.  Expecting Pep to keep defying father time for another year after this is just cray cray

Archived