• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sack numbers...

Jeremy Igo

You would need to look at snap counts. Situational football. I get the feeling Johnson and Horton would get more snaps in run downs. Pep and Addison in for passing situations. There's no doubt, CJ aged out. He's slow but stout. Good career for a 3rd round undersized guy. Even if he got a good push, how is he going to get there before Short or Pep?

I don't mind the season CJ is having because he's at that age and cap figure.

The glaring absence to me is Kuechly, he's gotten pressure on the QB. You would like to think Lotulelei would get more than .5. No on gives him the grief CMC gets even though his 2nd round counterpart has gotten all the stats and recognition. 

8 minutes ago, KendrickPanther said:

The glaring absence to me is Kuechly, he's gotten pressure on the QB. You would like to think Lotulelei would get more than .5. No on gives him the grief CMC gets even though his 2nd round counterpart has gotten all the stats and recognition. 

Kuechly is hardly ever blitzed this year. It is usually shaq or captain isn't it? 

4 minutes ago, KendrickPanther said:

You would need to look at snap counts. Situational football. I get the feeling Johnson and Horton would get more snaps in run downs. Pep and Addison in for passing situations. There's no doubt, CJ aged out. He's slow but stout. Good career for a 3rd round undersized guy. Even if he got a good push, how is he going to get there before Short or Pep?

I don't mind the season CJ is having because he's at that age and cap figure.

Star isnt a sack guy, never has been.  He eats blocks so our LBs can run around free.  

2 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Star isnt a sack guy, never has been.  He eats blocks so our LBs can run around free.  

I know what he is. And yet no one complains about him. 0.5 is still very low. His career average would be a little over 2 a season. No one says "we wasted a top pick on a run stuffer".  CMC brings a lot to the offense but people complain he isn't racking up rushing yards.

Luke isn't a big blitzer but zero.zero is glaring for a guy of his talent. When he blitzes he usually does get pressure though.

1 minute ago, KillerKat said:

CJ should've retired at the end of last season. He does nothing for this defense. He over runs ball carriers, he gets called for false starts. If anything he just hinders us.

lol first play of the game CJ encroaches and all I can think is thats the first time Ive sen him all year

19 minutes ago, KendrickPanther said:

I know what he is. And yet no one complains about him. 0.5 is still very low. His career average would be a little over 2 a season. No one says "we wasted a top pick on a run stuffer".  CMC brings a lot to the offense but people complain he isn't racking up rushing yards.

Luke isn't a big blitzer but zero.zero is glaring for a guy of his talent. When he blitzes he usually does get pressure though.

Lol....star was drafted to control the line of scrimmage. He is a natural 1 technique, short is the pass rushing DT. Comparing him to CMC is not really valid. Not to mention Panthers do a lot of rotating so he is not even in on a lot of passing downs. 

1 minute ago, KillerKat said:

CJ should've retired at the end of last season. He does nothing for this defense. He over runs ball carriers, he gets called for false starts. If anything he just hinders us.

I disagree. CJ is good against the run and is good depth at the position. Folks here still expect him to put up 8-9 sacks a year and he’s well beyond that point in his career. CJ is a solid veteran presence. 

19 minutes ago, KendrickPanther said:

That isn't their job though. Star's job is to eat up double teams to let guys like Short and Luke run free. It's why they look so dominant. We've been lucky he's stayed so healthy because we would really miss his presence if he weren't on the field. 

We don't blitz Luke, we send him into coverage where he leads the team in interceptions and tackles. It doesn't matter that he has no sacks because he doesn't blitz often because it's not what we ask him to do. 

It'd be like complaining that Stewart doesn't have many receiving touchdowns when CMC does or Bradberry doesn't have any sacks when Captain does. It's not their job.

Archived