• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can this defense win a Superbowl?

Jeremy Igo

Your point is well taken, Jeremy. But, like many have said, for that to work we will need to win the turnover battle. Heck, without the bad turnover games, we are probably sitting at 7-1 right now. If we stop giving the other team the ball and this offense gets a tad bit better (Kalil, Olsen back...Samuel coming along?), then there is real potential to be a Ravens-type team.

I think the D is SB caliber as long as luke and coleman are in there.  The O needs to find themselves,  Ryan Kalil needs to get that crick out of his neck for us to have a chance.  Olsen coming back will help as well.  Shula needs to learn how to use CMC, he is not an NFL running back.

2 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

The offense has to get hot because there are weaknesses in the secondary (Worley and Adams) and the pass rush. 2000 Ravens defense was legendary and 2015 Broncos defense was probably the best defense since 2000. 

Yeah nether had a single weakness. 

7 hours ago, Pantha-kun said:

This is going unnoticed here largely ; when we play good offenses with good to great QBs,  the defense is allowing on average 29 points per game (Saints, Patriots, Lions, Eagles) . We are 2-2 in those games. 

In fairness to the defense, in the two we lost, 3 interceptions per game played a big role in the points scored by the opponent.  Our defense is good, but I don't think any defense is good enough to survive giving good quarterbacks the ball on our side of the field.  I believe Philly had two td drives that started inside our 20 yard line.  Can't blame that on the defense.  

We have three games with 2 or more interceptions.  Those three games account for our three losses.  

Archived