• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can this defense win a Superbowl?

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

As for the D feasting on weak opposition, the Bucs are still 8th in the NFL in yardage even after we held them to 279 yards yesterday. 

This D is very, very legit. 

Our D is good but there is always improvement and not allowing opposing teams  to get high yardage in games now that would be a highly impressive D we would have by doing that.

Just now, rbsponsel52 said:

Our D is good but there is always improvement and not allowing opposing teams  to get high yardage in games now that would be a highly impressive D we would have by doing that.

We just held a very good offense to 279 yards. We've allowed a total of six points on defense in the last two games combined. 

This despite having a below average starting CB opposite Bradberry and an AARP member playing SS., 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We just held a very good offense to 279 yards. We've allowed a total of six points on defense in the last two games combined. 

This despite having a below average starting CB opposite Bradberry and an AARP member playing SS., 

I don't mean to sound negative on this but it is just my thoughts on it is all. We can step it up a bit more though wouldn't you agree.

Just now, rbsponsel52 said:

I don't mean to sound negative on this but it is just my thoughts on it is all. We can step it up a bit more though wouldn't you agree.

It's always possible to play better but I hope we're putting more focus on trying to right the ship on offense than trying to get an elite defense to GOAT status. 

The D is doing plenty to get us to where we need to be if the offense can carry it's load. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It's always possible to play better but I hope we're putting more focus on trying to right the ship on offense than trying to get an elite defense to GOAT status. 

The D is doing plenty to get us to where we need to be if the offense can carry it's load. 

Yeah I agree with you and lets hope we can make another SB run and "Git Er Done"

5 hours ago, cardiaccat52 said:

I don't think so. The difference between those other teams and us is A) Those other teams produced turnovers at a pretty high rate and B) were able to overcome poor field position their offenses put them in with stops or not allowing scoring opportunities. As of right now, over 57% of this team's turnovers (INT + Fumbles) are converted into points by the other teams (14 turnovers has resulted 8 scoring drives via TD or FG). 

The other factor is IF this team gets a lead, the auto-prevent mentality that Rivera goes to makes this defense suspect and has too often resulted in games coming down to the last second. 

So until turnovers start to increase and the defense plays aggressive from start to finish, they aren't Superbowl caliber. 

I want to dislike this, but I can’t. It’s 100% spot on.

22 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

I think the big tests will be the Falcons and NO games. If our defense can hold those types of offenses down then absolutely.

My one worry if pass pressure without blitzing and QBs that dink and dunk us down field.

Well, Drew Brees already lit our asses up once this year. We SHOULD be able to handle Matt Ryan this week, so we'll see about that. And yes, the 4 man pass rush as of now is a concern. The only one that seems to get any sort of pressure right now is Pep.

Archived