• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can this defense win a Superbowl?

Jeremy Igo

Honestly, determines the QB's we play to get to the Super Bowl.  For instance, if we play the Eagles (I think we can beat them now without Peters), Vikings (Keenum isn't good), Seahawks (their Offensive Line is a joke), or Rams (toss up here).  Our Defense could stop all of those Offenses.  But, here's the problem.  Our Offense is Turnover prone, and sucks.  And all of those teams have solid Defenses, so good with the bad at that point.  :thinking:

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Probably. But the offense is not playoff caliber so your point is moot.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Neither was the Ravens. They had Trent Dilfer for god sakes. 

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

When I see how this team has to win I think about The 2015 Broncos.

I think of the 2002 Buccaneers. Offense was terrible, defense got it done for them. 

I believe we are one defensive playmaker short of being a truly great defense.  Another rock solid corner to play opposite Bradberry, or a fast young DE to take the pass rush to the next level would do the trick.  This assumes everyone else stays healthy of course.  The way this offense goes stagnant at times, the defense as currently built won't be able to carry them thru a playoff run.  Too many good QBs out there.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The Bucs offense is actually one of the best in the league. 

They were held to 3 points at home. It just does not get much better than that. 

Can this Panthers defense get us to the promise land like the Ravens Superbowl team? Why not?

Offense isn’t turning the ball over too much, and the offensive play calling is mind boggling at times. I think the defense is good enough, the question is will the offense get it’s poo together enough to not cost us games.

Believe it or not I think the defense is a bit overrated. They got sliced up by good QBs in Brees, Brady, and Stafford. Winston isn’t that great but he had open recievers all game and was a few overthrows away from making this a tight game. 

Just now, hepcat said:

Believe it or not I think the defense is a bit overrated. They got sliced up by good QBs in Brees, Brady, and Stafford. Winston isn’t that great but he had open recievers all game and was a few overthrows away from making this a tight game. 

Elite QBs in good offensive systems slice up defenses. Stafford threw for 400+ against the Steelers last night. 

Archived