• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can this defense win a Superbowl?

Jeremy Igo

When I see how this team has to win I think about The 2015 Broncos. Great defense and just enough offense to get it done. Sure, this formula can win, but remember that Denver should have been eliminated that year in Pittsburgh if not for a fumble.When you play this style of ball against good to great teams, you're going to need some breaks/turnovers to go your way to win.

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The Bucs offense is actually one of the best in the league. 

They were held to 3 points at home. It just does not get much better than that. 

Can this Panthers defense get us to the promise land like the Ravens Superbowl team? Why not?

Yes they can and it’s thanks to Ron Rivera.

I don't think so. The difference between those other teams and us is A) Those other teams produced turnovers at a pretty high rate and B) were able to overcome poor field position their offenses put them in with stops or not allowing scoring opportunities. As of right now, over 57% of this team's turnovers (INT + Fumbles) are converted into points by the other teams (14 turnovers has resulted 8 scoring drives via TD or FG). 

The other factor is IF this team gets a lead, the auto-prevent mentality that Rivera goes to makes this defense suspect and has too often resulted in games coming down to the last second. 

So until turnovers start to increase and the defense plays aggressive from start to finish, they aren't Superbowl caliber. 

Archived