• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kelvin TD...

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I just do not understand why we do not run this play, or a similar play, every single time we are within 30 yards of the endzone.  A backshoulder throw to KB when 1 on 1 is a no brainer.  

Keep the defense rested?

JR is more worried about a family/nice franchise, and we don't want to embarrass other teams?

Shula?

21 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I just do not understand why we do not run this play, or a similar play, every single time we are within 30 yards of the endzone.  A backshoulder throw to KB when 1 on 1 is a no brainer.  

I have noticed, especially inside the 10 how a safety is cheating over towards KB side almost every time before the play. Once if Olsen returns, that will be much more difficult for teams to do that.

2 hours ago, Smithers said:

Because the better D's are double teaming him (watch Bears & Eagles games) all game. Seldom is KB 1 on 1. Cam will throw his way when he is.

1 hour ago, Peppers90 NC said:

I have noticed, especially inside the 10 how a safety is cheating over towards KB side almost every time before the play. Once if Olsen returns, that will be much more difficult for teams to do that.

Agreed! The CB plays underneath and the safety up top. Double covered.

20 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

Because the better D's are double teaming him (watch Bears & Eagles games) all game. Seldom is KB 1 on 1. Cam will throw his way when he is.

So target Funchess.  Or Dickson.  Both are big bodies that can run a simple go, fade, or out route.  

26 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

Yea the backside fade is taken away most of the time but plenty other guys are left single covered. I wish our backs ran more wheel routes. 

5 hours ago, Smithers said:

So target Funchess.  Or Dickson.  Both are big bodies that can run a simple go, fade, or out route.  

5 hours ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Yea the backside fade is taken away most of the time but plenty other guys are left single covered. I wish our backs ran more wheel routes. 

And, I'll say again, there lies the problem. The better D's (again Eagles & Bears) had defensive backs that are brutal. Single covered or not, our WR's do not on a regular basis fight for the ball or create any separation. They scare nobody. We all wish we had a field full of Antonio Browns but we don't. I think physical DBs almost make Funchess gunshy. Notice that he immediately goes down after most of his catches. And Dickson is no Olsen. Or he's kept in to block. Just because they're single covered doesn't mean our WR's are open. Not by any stretch.

Archived