• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sign the petition to bring the World Cup to Charlotte.

TheSaint

interesting that Crown Town has more signatures than most every other city. Including NYC and LA. Seattle is in the lead by far, but i think Charlotte is top 3-5. I hope soccer haters dont try and deep six this thing. World Cup back in the US would be huge. We still own the largest attendance in WC history from back in '94, and we've come a logn way since then.

Just think of all the hot foreign wimmins if you hate soccer.

It'd be a big thing for Charlotte, would bring a ton of money in and help us get recognition internationally. Sometimes I think the national media likes to put the screws to us.

Charlotte has one of the premier bids in the US when all factors are weighed equally. The stadium is great, fits a WC sized field perfectly and it has good sightlines. It's uptown so it's accessible by rail. Also, UNCC, Davidson, Wingate, and the new stadium in Matthews are great training venues.

Its going to be played in more than one city isnt it? Just the final round will be in one city.

Right. So many round robins before the knockout rounds will require multiple venues.

The final will either be the Cowboy's new stadium or LA Coliseum or Rose Bowl.

I would prefer knockout round simply for the quality and round robin is the quantity.

Archived