• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most impressive play by an offensive rookie this year.

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Nah CAP should get his carries 

Yea I wouldn't mind making CAP into the Bellcow for the near future . Only 25, will be 26 at start of next season , has shown some serious promise. 

Question is what does that make McCaffrey and Samuel in our offense? Team seems determined to keep starting KB and Funchess , but McCaffrey catches the ball so well and Samuel is damn fast and shifty. Its like our offense has all the right pieces (Good big possession receivers KB and Funchess, smaller faster shiftier receivers in CMC, Samuel, Clay) but we just dont know exactly how to use them. 

I guess the one assurance is that CMC and Samuel are both 21 year old rookies. They could look alot different in their 2nd and 3rd years in the system, and WAY better with another OC if we're lucky enough to get one. But I'm thinking this year our defense might sneak us into a wild card and a 10-6 ish record , and winning the wild card with a better record will be enough to retain the whole coaching staff for another year and stay in offensive mediocrity ..

And here comes the CAP bandwagon. The dude is a JAG. Get over it... he doesn’t have any elite traits. And here we are talking about giving all the carries to him. Someone needs to stop putting to much stock in preason football. Samuel’s has the juice... he is a threat to go the distance in open space. I don’t feel that way about CMC or Cameron I get what the defense gives me north and south Payne.

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Looks like Matt Kalil misses his assignment, DE has a clear shot on Cam and the ball carrier. Doesn't matter.

Fairly certain that Kalil has his assignment correct. The play is similar to a read option where the DE is unblocked. When the DE crashes down on the fake inside handoff it leaves the jet sweep wide open for a big gain. It's more of a gamble than the read option because there is no actual read on the DE and you just kind of hope he does what he is supposed to do, but it's a huge gain if the DE crashes down.

It's a play that you setup with previous similar calls where you handoff to the RB. If you see that the DE is crashing down on them then you fake it and give to the WR.

Archived