• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cryptocurrency

vv83

18 hours ago, toldozer said:

There are 94 trillion ripple coins or something like that.  Bitcoin is so huge because there is a limited supply. If they start selling other alts on coinbase i would put some money into them.  Still holding on to my litecoins.

Ripple is putting 55 billion coins in escrow this month

On 11/30/2017 at 11:45 PM, Davidson Deac II said:

Currency is only worth what people think its worth.  Just like gold.

not really.  some things at some point could be worth literally zero.  Just nothingness.   At least if you have gold.....you could pick and up and throw it against the wall in frustration.  

but the bitcoin stuff is scary to a degree.  Well everything is getting scary to a degree.  The manipulation of everything and who controls it all is just a little too much today.   Forgetting the politics of it the current US Admin and prior ones......the fact we have so many billionaires and mega wealthy in power in government right now bothers me.   Unprecedented wealth.   If they choose......I suspect the people in our current government are in power to manipulate things like no one else prior has come close to. 

stock market, bitcoin.....whatever.  Everything seems to be shooting to high to quick for a nobody like me to feel comfortable with it.  Maybe I am just not smart enough.  But it seems like it is a bit much with not enough supporting it to be happening. 

32 minutes ago, CRA said:

not really.  some things at some point could be worth literally zero.  Just nothingness.   At least if you have gold.....you could pick and up and throw it against the wall in frustration.  

but the bitcoin stuff is scary to a degree.  Well everything is getting scary to a degree.  The manipulation of everything and who controls it all is just a little too much today.   Forgetting the politics of it the current US Admin and prior ones......the fact we have so many billionaires and mega wealthy in power in government right now bothers me.   Unprecedented wealth.   If they choose......I suspect the people in our current government are in power to manipulate things like no one else prior has come close to. 

stock market, bitcoin.....whatever.  Everything seems to be shooting to high to quick for a nobody like me to feel comfortable with it.  Maybe I am just not smart enough.  But it seems like it is a bit much with not enough supporting it to be happening. 

Well, I could also use paper money to light a fire in the fireplace, so there is that.  

Do we have more mega wealth people in power now?  If you look at now compared to the period between the end of the Civil War and the beginning of WWI, there was a small group of powerful and wealthy people.  Carnegie, Getty, Vanderbilt, etc...  Fewer of them perhaps, but I think they had more power.  

Regarding bitcoin, I was talking to a relative of mine who is a financial adviser.  There is some thought that a bitcoin bubble has formed, and at some point, its going to crash.  Maybe as soon as next year.  

16 hours ago, toldozer said:

Yeah, I took some profit from my litecoin and was going to put it into iota, mana or power.

I picked wrong

Iota is up like 150%

Mana 600% (It was a penny)

Power down like 20% :(

Damn, I looked at Power last week thought it was a neat concept. Fugging BTC is going bananas today, more than doubled since last week.

35 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Damn, I looked at Power last week thought it was a neat concept. Fugging BTC is going bananas today, more than doubled since last week.

Ugh I want it to crash just to make me feel better about not buying in haha

The mega wealthy has always been in power, ever since we allowed them to control our government in 1913. They print money at ease now, there is no backing in our money anymore, and every time we borrow from them, our debts to them grow bigger and the more control they have over the country. Centralized banking is private, not even American but deceiving instead by calling it The Fed and they decide what wars we go to and policies get made.

That said, Litecoin killing it today.

On 12/8/2017 at 11:31 AM, Peppers90 NC said:

The mega wealthy has always been in power, ever since we allowed them to control our government in 1913. They print money at ease now, there is no backing in our money anymore, and every time we borrow from them, our debts to them grow bigger and the more control they have over the country. Centralized banking is private, not even American but deceiving instead by calling it The Fed and they decide what wars we go to and policies get made.

That said, Litecoin killing it today.

I wish I had more. Ether is fuging poo up now, over 550. Definitely wish I didn't sell the 60 I had.

Archived