• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tampa Bay Bucs - A "get right" game for the Panthers offense

Jeremy Igo

i'd say this has to be a "get right game" for the offense.

i don't see this as a given that it will be. what i've seen the last couple weeks is who we are until proven otherwise. this is their chance to prove that they can pull their heads out of their asses and get the job done.

the thing is, even after the game if they do manage to drop 30+ on them and win convincingly the question will remain, "can they do this against teams who don't have the worst defenses?"

2 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Division opponent, their defense is probably licking their chops to go against an offense that fails to execute, and continues to shoot themselves in the foot with lack of ball security.

yep, the bucs are probably looking at this game thinking, "This is our 'get right' game."

going to be a contest of wills, and by that i mean it's going to be two squads facing each other to find out who has and hasn't given up.

curious to hear any insights from the lockerroom or sidelines this week. are our guys pretty 'meh' or are they fired up and focused?

We should not be able to run the ball between the tackles against TB given our o-line vs their d-line. All signs are pointing to a big no on that one. That means we're going to attack them on the edges with sweep plays, and smoke passes. This will not be effective enough to keep us out of long passing downs.

So then Cam will throw some high ones to KB, Funch, porky Dickson, and that will be effective against TB's zone. It's effective against anyone really until you get to the red zone and the coverage becomes tight. But you don't want to do it the whole game because Cam is going to have errant throws, and our guys swat those passes into the air compounding the problem, and the Bucs DBs will be sitting back waiting for that.

So what decides the game? The team that generates turnovers wins. That will be TB imo. They are better suited to stop our running game, and once that happens it's almost a certainty that we turn the ball over several times in the passing game. TB wins and we move up the draft board.

UNLESS... we get Cam on absolute fire throwing zero INTs like he's the MVP. That can happen from time to time.

Archived